Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2021, 07:55 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love To Travel 2 View Post
Bob,

Sorry! I saw you had a 2018 29MV like ours and thought they all came with the heat pumps.

Ed
No worries!!

I believe the single AC coaches are equipped with the 15K AC and includes the heat pump? Mine was optioned with dual AC, which comes equipped with 2x11K BTU AC units. I replaced my front AC with a high efficiency 13.5K unit, but did not opt for heat strip or heatpump unit because I primarily camp in TX; heating up the unit is rarely a problem! LOL!! We carry a small space heater, and the furnace supplements that.

FWIW, I replaced the analog 'stat in my trailer with a Coleman digital. Wire-for-wire replacement, so it was easy. I absolutely love it. So much so that I kept the analog 'stat and put it back in the TT and retained my digital when I traded the trailer in. Installed it in my Greyhawk for the front unit and bopped on about my way. Problem is that now I have 2 'stats in my camper. So, I've been shopping for another digital to replace the analog on the rear unit that came with my rig...

I'm STRONGLY leaning toward the bluetooth one that's been linked in this thread. But then the decision is whether I get 2 and replace them both? Or do I just get 1 and replace the existing analog? Then I have to decide which unit I want the BT 'stat on?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:59 AM   #42

Installed Digital Thermostats

I replaced the OE Coleman Mach analog thermostats with the following digital thermostats:

In the living area:
- Coleman 8330-3862 Digital Thermostat - Heat+A/C

In the bedroom:
- Coleman 8330-3462 - A/C Only

I matched the wiring color for color and can confirm the A/C, Fan-Hi and Fan-Low works. I was not able to test the heat because it's too hot here in Florida.

I did not go with the Airxcel because it is more narrow that the Coleaman Machs so at least one of the screw holes in the wall would be exposed.

NOTE: if you want to go digital you should do it right away supplies are very limited - many retailers are sold-out.
Attached Thumbnails
83303862 H+AC.jpg   8330-3462 AC Only.jpg