Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #1

Disappointing Dealer Service

I have read a few threads on dealer service but I would like some idea if this is normal:

Bought a 2020 Greyhawk 29MVP Feb 29 from Valley RV in Kent WA. We have used it a lot and had a punch list of about 15 warranty repairs. Most of them were minor, but we did need new front running boards passenger and drivers side, and a new radio head unit.

I made a service Appt for 6/13. Dropped the rig off and was quite surprised to see the est. completion date was 7/11. Figured they needed to order some parts even though all of the big stuff was from our PDI. Let them know that I needed the rig on 7/3 until 7/15 but would bring it back if repairs weren’t complete.

As of June 25 I had called 3 times for status, and to remind them I was coming 7/3 to pick her up. No return calls. So I emailed twice with a reply on 6/26 that said there were a few units in front Mine but they still thought 7/11 was good.

I called again on 7/1 and texted the service manage. No return call. Called again on 7/2 and requested to talk to the General Manager. Got the services mgr. Found out that my rig just got into the shop on 7/2 and they thought they could get most of the repairs done before 5:00 on 7/3. I friggen’ lost it!!

Picked her up last night (7/3). The interior was filthy from muddy boots. There was garbage from the radio packaging in the center console. The bottom of the dash under the steering wheel was hanging off and not snapped in place. I have no assurance that any of my concerns were addressed outside of the readily visible ones.

I was too mad to speak and we’re leaving for 2 weeks tomorrow And I needed my rig so I got in and left. I couldn’t trust myself to deal with the service tech.

I suppose I have to bring her back after our trip. I wish there was another option.

Is this typical? What would you do in my place? Any advice would be appreciated.
BigDaddy6290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy6290 View Post
Is this typical? What would you do in my place? Any advice would be appreciated.
Not typical, but not unheard of either. Not to make excuses but with all the COVID "stuff" they probably are way behind and since JAYCO was shut down for a while parts may not have been shipped as expected. First I'd talk to the GM or service manager.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:54 PM   #3

Well BigDaddy, I bought my 2019 321RSTS there and had to take it in a little after all of this Convid-19 came up, they were a few things that had to be done and I know that I didn't get it back when they said I was suppose to get it back.

They told me that a few of there techs where sent home because they had symptom of Convid-19 and that put them behind.

I will agree with Grumpy that since this virus came up things have been crazy and I know that you are upset and I would be too but just give them the benefit of doubt, this time, things are crazy everywhere.

And I know that it is easy said but with them I have being having decent luck with them so far, but now if you need something done they will charge you an arm and leg.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote