Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2020, 04:46 AM   #1

Dish troubleshooting

Hello All, I spend way too much time to try and watch TV. We switched back to the Dish Network. I have 2 VIP 211Z receivers I just bought from Dish Outdoors. I have an older Winegard roof mounted auto find Traveller dome that was original on this 09 Seneca. I have everything hooked up and got as high as 82 percent signal strength and all green bars filled for picking up signal. Then the screen goes to "receiver not activated". I have been on the phone with Dish tech support and they assure me the receivers are activated. They tell me the Winegard must not be talking to the receiver. I am at a loss if it shows it is picking up 82 signal strength and full aquired signal. Any thoughts.
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:15 AM   #2

Are you receiving the demo channels?
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:18 AM   #3

Have you tried going to My.Dish.Com, then the equipment tab and clicking to wake up the receivers?

Is Your Programming Not Authorized? (Error 005, 013, 014)
If you see code 005, 013, or 014 in the popup located along the upper-right corner of your screen, it means that your DISH receiver does not recognize the channel you’re trying to watch.
How do I Fix It?
Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to get your channels back in no time!
Click the Wake Up Receivers button below to authorize your receiver's programming.
Please allow 5 minutes for service to return.
If you are still seeing 005, 013, or 014, unplug your receiver from the outlet for 10 seconds (typically the receiver cord has a red tag), then plug it back in.
Allow your receiver 5 minutes to boot back up.
WAKE UP RECEIVERS
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #4

Are your dip switches on the Winegard set for Dish? I would get their technicians on the phone between Monday through Friday during business hours. Try one Vip211 at a time. Have the other one totally disconnected and powered down. I've been using Dish and Winegard since 2010, just stay with it. A new little glitch I've learned is corrosion, just tarnishing one the copper wire in the coax. For me, taking the connection apart and cleaning the coax wire with a pocket knife has resolved a problem twice that no technician has been able to trouble shoot.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:36 AM   #5

I’ve had Dish on two different RVs . When I initially installed the system i did not get a good signal. Both time it was the Dip switches in the wrong position.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:55 AM   #6

Thanks to all you guys for getting back so quick. I switched the dip levers to the Dish positions- 4 7 and 8 down. My manual says some "Dish" configurations should have #1 in the down position. I am going to do that ASAP. I will try the receiver wake up as well. I just can't understand why the signal strength seems so high but no receiver.
Thanks
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:22 AM   #7

The door on my warehouse was a little shorter than I thought. It took care of my satellite tracking dish.....permanently.
Clayduster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #8

Hey Capt Rich...…..I experienced the same thing with my 2020 Jayco Seneca, Dip switches were correct, I finally got so frustrated I just changed out the Winnegard and went with the foldable roof mounted Dish....works excellent and run multiple receivers. I did not have any luck with the in motion system. I know this is not the fix for everyone due to the expense, but just wanted to share my experiences.
Kpfabricators is offline   Reply With Quote