Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2022, 04:21 PM   #1

Smile DIY Oil Change on MB Melbourne Sprinter

Well the service A light came on with 10,800 miles. Time for an oil change. Called four MB dealers and all said they could not take the rig in for 4-5 months out, ugh, not acceptable. Did a lot of research and decided on Blau Parts for an oil change kit https://www.blauparts.com/sprinter-3...cv3-07-17.html Also ordered new air filter and MB oil filter cap wrench. They shipped the order the next day and will arrive in 3 days. Anyone use this kit before? It has been years since I changed my own oil, but with the back logs today, it will be de ja vu all over again.
rockymountainRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:59 PM   #2
Site Team

I haven't used that specific kit in the past. But, I think that you will find that the Sprinter is one of the easiest vehicles to service on that you will find.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainRVer View Post
Well the service A light came on with 10,800 miles. Time for an oil change. Called four MB dealers and all said they could not take the rig in for 4-5 months out, ugh, not acceptable. Did a lot of research and decided on Blau Parts for an oil change kit https://www.blauparts.com/sprinter-3...cv3-07-17.html Also ordered new air filter and MB oil filter cap wrench. They shipped the order the next day and will arrive in 3 days. Anyone use this kit before? It has been years since I changed my own oil, but with the back logs today, it will be de ja vu all over again.
Is the oil pan larger than the engine?
Old 03-11-2022, 06:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
I haven't used that specific kit in the past. But, I think that you will find that the Sprinter is one of the easiest vehicles to service on that you will find.
Agree for general maintenance. Get a fluid extractor and you wont even need to get on the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you go the plug route make sure your catch pan is large enough and make sure the o-rings are in the right location on the filter.

edit: My extractor is not large enough to drain it all but when it fills up it is easy to empty into another container and then suck again. My first time I used it I pulled the plug just to see what was left and it just dripped a little.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:17 AM   #5

It's an easy change.
I'm told it's important to replace the brass o-ring on the drain plug after each oil change.
I use two drain pans to catch the nearly 13 quarts the engine holds.
When adding new oil, pour in 12 quarts, then monitor the dipstick for the final quart.
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote