Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2018, 04:26 AM   #1

Door Lock: Bauer Al Sentis or RVLock

I continue to have intermittent trouble with our Bauer with separate Trimark Keypad and no longer trust its operation. I am considering switching out the assembly. Ive read a bit here about the new Bauer Al Sentis with integrated keypad. Wondering if anyone has installed the RVLock assembly with the remote key fob?

https://www.rvlock.com/products/rvlo...keypad-for-rvs

Pros / Cons.

Thank you!
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbroussard View Post
I continue to have intermittent trouble with our Bauer with separate Trimark Keypad and no longer trust its operation. I am considering switching out the assembly. Ive read a bit here about the new Bauer Al Sentis with integrated keypad. Wondering if anyone has installed the RVLock assembly with the remote key fob?

Pros / Cons.

Thank you!
My Seneca originally had the same setup as yours, after numerous keypads failed (the last actually catching fire!) Jayco replaced my entry door and installed a non-AlSentis integrated keypad latch. Jayco even removed the door jamb contacts making it appear as if the Trimark never had been there.

That new Bauer started acting up, I contacted Bauer Customer Service, they sent me (free of charge) a complete AlSentis latch assembly. They even matched my existing key code since I had already invested in extra keys. The AlSentis has worked great for two seasons now. I use lithium AA batteries, last year's were still working this past Spring but I changed them out anyway.

I did look at the RVLock, I even momentarily considered changing out all my compartment latches with wireless too so I could use their wireless "Master" controller and remote fob but the cost was not worth the benefit in my evaluation. I even emailed their customer service to see if they offered compartment latches without the keypad, but still were wireless and also keyed alike. My thought is they would (hopefully) have been more affordable without an individual keypad on each compartment lock. My theory was that if the wireless didn't work, you could always dig out the key to get in until you changed the batteries. They replied that while the idea had merit, "they had no plans to offer a wireless non-keypad compartment latch at this time". Oh well, so much for that idea!

Good luck with your quest!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #3

I also have the Bauer Al Sentis lock on my 2018 Greyhawk and to date have not had any issues. It has worked flawlessly and I am very pleased with its operation. I have heard of several complaints of the RVLock keypad numbers fading from exposed sunlight, other than that, nothing. My sister has the RVLock on her fiver and she has no complaints after one year of ownership.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #4

I have a Bauer EM in my Greyhawk that just started funking out after 2 1/2 years. I tried everything to get it working but finally called Bauer. Got a nice lady on the phone and asked for tech support. She fielded the call (they must all do it all there). She recommended using Energizer or Lithium instead of Duracell's. I was shocked to find that this worked. She said the Duracell's may measure at full voltage charge but seem to lack the necessary amps I guess. But it works perfect now. She alluded to perhaps sending a replacement for a discounted price if this didn't work, but I didn't pursue that. I would rate Bauer service as a 5....product....we will see how long it lasts now.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:31 PM   #5

I went with the Bauer EM with alsentis technology (Amazon / AP Products). Easy install, put in lithium batteries...nothing. Changed to another set of lithium...again nothing. Removed from door and checked all tiny connections...nothing. Guess I’ll be calling tech support as well.

Frustrating...
Old 10-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #6

Quote:
I went with the Bauer EM with alsentis technology (Amazon / AP Products). Easy install, put in lithium batteries...nothing. Changed to another set of lithium...again nothing. Removed from door and checked all tiny connections...nothing. Guess I’ll be calling tech support as well.

Frustrating...

Great news. Spoke to Bauer today, replacement being shipped today with a prepaid return for the original one for analysis.
Great customer service if you have any issues.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #7

Quote:

Pros / Cons.

Thank you!
We have had the RVLock for quite a while and so far we really like it.
Usually just use the code on the door to open or lock them though.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:53 AM   #8

Update

Received new lock direct from factory. Installation was again extremely easy. Newer model of the Bauer as this one has the external led indicating keypad action. Works great so far. Very nice customer support, included a return label so they can examine the defective lock.

Thanks for the info along the never ending journey.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #9

Nothing but good things to say about the Bauer door locks. Mined failed on a camping trip. Bauer overnighted a brand new one. Easy replacement and no problems since. Just need to change out the batteries about twice a year.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #10

Hrm, maybe this is why the 2019s don't have a keypad? Too many failures? I know my 2015 Greyhawk had the keypad and it too failed. I never trusted it enough to leave my keys in the coach.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Hrm, maybe this is why the 2019s don't have a keypad? Too many failures? I know my 2015 Greyhawk had the keypad and it too failed. I never trusted it enough to leave my keys in the coach.
Or maybe Jayco is simply looking to reduce overall production costs for an increased profit margin? That would be my guess, as they also frequently change appliance and parts suppliers depending on cost. No failure to date on my Bauer keypad, knock on wood!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:11 PM   #12

I purchased the V3 of the RVLock on sale back in January of 2017. Our trailer is only used for football tailgating-seven weekends between August and November. The rest of the time it sits inside my warehouse. The keypad failed and was replaced under warranty in October of 2017. The replacement has failed after 4 weekends of use this season 2018. I contacted customer service and hoping to get a decent discount on purchasing the V4 RVLock, but that did not happen. I would definitely not reccomend the V3 of the RVLock that has the separate keypad.
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:26 PM   #13

my Bauer lock on my 2017 seneca is a piece of junk. I can no longer get a key into the door lock. Contacted Bauer and they replied that they will SELL me a new one at a discounted price. Gee thanks. Now the key pad will only keep a code in memory for about 3 days before reverting back to the factory preset code. New batteries have made no difference. Will be looking for a replacement that will cover the original cutout in the door.
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote