Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #21

bgermane, you hit the nail on the head. There were two fuses behind my house battery, the 10A was blown. You are right it's a PITA to get to, but I just removed the house battery and could reach them that way, and that fixed the problem. Probably could have reached them with skinny arms and a pair of long nose needle pliers. Door locks and the GPS/Audio now work. YEAH! you are the hero of the day. Now I'm going to wonder why that fuse blew in the first place, but will give it a try and see if it keeps working. I'm a little suspect that the door lock overloaded the fuse causing it to blow, or maybe there is a bare wire exposed that shorted it out, but I could not see an issue like that. Maybe it was a defective fuse and will be ok. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks!
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #22

Great to hear, bluesky. My stereo fuse blew while driving in heavy rain. My battery disconnect fuse blew while trying to top off my battery levels. The stupid battery doesn't pull out far enough, and I was feeling lazy. So I just removed the rear cap and flooded the top of the battery. When I slid the battery back in, water splashed onto the fuses and blew one.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgermane View Post
My battery disconnect fuse blew while trying to top off my battery levels. The stupid battery doesn't pull out far enough...
Even after re-routing one of the cables, my battery tray does not pull out far enough to really see the levels in the last two cells. Now it's not the cable preventing that, but the battery tray hits the end stop.

Thanks for the warning on those fuses. Had no idea they were back there until this thread started. I'll be careful to not splash them.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #24

On my 2014 31DS, that fuse behind the coach battery also has the Bigfoot control panel on it along with the Dexter door lock and the GPS. The fuse blew while I was trying to reprogram the door lock. The jacks were down and I couldn't move the coach until I found and replaced that fuse. Bigfoot tech support helped me find it. Now I'm gun shy on reprogramming the door lock. Just using the key for now.
kevin5203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:46 AM   #25

Kevin, I am thinking my Big Foot jacks must be wired on a different fuse. When my fuse went out, I had the jacks down also, and they came up fine. The only thing that didn't work when that fuse behind the coach battery was out, was the electric (coach) door lock and the Audio/Navi system. And I didn't notice the Audio/Navi not working until I was back on the road again.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #26

Door lock

We just purchased a jayco 31UL motorhome..when the door is locked..it still has play in it..camping world says it may need to be adjusted..so far no problems with the key pad..at least my husband hasnt..i on the other hand..user error..i just think you shouldnt have to slam the door..nor should it have play in it!
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #27

Mine is a Bauer EM and I replaced the batteries and reprogrammed it with the info at the link CBSS provided, thanks for that CBSS. But mine won't lock properly according to the instructions. The dead bolt doesn't extend all the way and the keypad operation is very finicky. Sometimes it beeps when the code is entered and sometimes it doesn't. Should I replace the lock or is there any maintenance tips anyone can provide?
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #28

I Had some problems with mine also. Trying taking the front push button panel off and look inside to make sure all the connections are on. They sometimes come loose when closing the door.
nascar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #29

Getting ready to take my unit back to dealer this afternoon, looks like I may need a 4th Dexter keypad.

Yesterday (after working fine for a few weeks) when I tried to close the door right when the connection gets made at the spring loaded pins (on the hinge-side) WHAM the deadbolt flies out. Since I was closing the door it obviously could not close and bounced back open. Now whenever the door is mostly closed I can hear the latch mechanism trying repeatedly to extend deadbolt even though it is already out. Keypad buttons all still "beep", but do nothing. Eventually had to put electrical tape on the hinge-side contacts to stop 12-volts from getting to latch. It never blew a fuse, so I was worried something might catch fire!

Now I have a pretty good idea why they discontinued the Dexter keypad operating the Bauer latch assembly and went with another Bauer latch with an integral keypad powered by 4 batteries!

Let's see how this gets resolved.............
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #30
Lost in the Woods

Dude, do yourself a favor and disable it and forget you even have it.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #31

Hrm. I wonder what is on the 2016s? Is this a common problem or is this a issue for the unfortunate few?
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:54 AM   #32

I know the 2015 Seneca did not come with the separate Dexter keypad, they went to an "all in one" Bauer with the keypad incorporated into the latch assembly. Don't have a clue what the other Jayco products might have.

My unit is still in warranty, the feature (if it worked correctly) is handy, and I paid for a unit that every supplied feature should work and be reliable. I will strive to ensure that happens. If that means Jayco installs a new entry door (painted to match) with the new Bauer latch assembly I would be satisfied.

What I don't want is for them to just retrofit the newer latch and leave a dead keypad installed. But if they could fill in the hole such that you could not see any trace of it, maybe..............
Old 06-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #33

I don't have a pic of the unit I'm considering, however this is also a 2016 Greyhawk MV on another dealer's lot.

What do you guys think this lock is? You'll have to scroll through the pics to get the right picture.

http://www.voyagerrv.ca/rv-2016-Jayc...9MV-ID3883.htm
Old 06-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #34

I am fairly certain that is the newer "Bauer EM" model, certainly not what I have on my 2014. It uses internal replaceable batteries to operate, not 12-volt supplied through door pins like on mine.

Here is a link to that newer model on Bauer's website: https://www.bauerproducts.com/content/Bauer_EM.jpg

I think it is exactly what is pictured on the unit you are considering.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #35

That's good right? Not to minimize your troubles in any way - just seeing if I'm signing up for more of the same. Going in w/ open eyes as it were.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #36

I have not heard bad things about the Bauer EM, just that you probably need to change the batteries in the latch once a season. If you full-time and are in and out a lot, even maybe more often. It take 4-AA batteries, cheap and common.

It is not the same as my unit's, the root of my problem seems to be the separate Dexter keypad. I do have a Bauer latch with a separate actuator to operate the deadbolt, controlled by the Dexter keypad. But my issue isn't the latch, it is just that the Dexter keypad is bad. The buttons stop working or the pad shorts out and tries to continuously lock the unit!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #37

That would drive me nuts too. Can't blame you one bit.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #38

can you tell me how to reset the code or what the reset code is. Just purchased a used 2014 Seneca and the dealer had no info on it or how to reset the code.
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-in-Houston View Post
can you tell me how to reset the code or what the reset code is. Just purchased a used 2014 Seneca and the dealer had no info on it or how to reset the code.
My camper is in storage, but if I remember correctly on the inside of the door, there is a panel on the lock that can be removed with a screwdriver. The instructions are on the panel door that you remove, along w/ the batteries for the lock.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #40

On my 2015 Seneca I have the Bauer lock and it works…sometimes. No manual supplied with unit but should be available online.
I always use the key…it's less frustrating that way.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door keypad