Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #41

here's the manual, check it out and see if it's the one for your model year and make.

http://bauerproducts.com/bauernemanual.php

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #42

I think it's a Dexter

Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:27 AM   #43

Maybe I'm mistaken, someone please correct me if so. But there appears to be two kinds of locks used. Bauer locks, and those use batteries for power. Dexter locks, and those are supplied 12v power from the coach battery. I think my lock is a Dexter lock, it has 12v contacts on the door and will only work when the door is closed. The keypad is separate from the lock assembly. See pictures. From all the horror stories I have heard about people trying to change lock combos, unless you had a good reason to have it changed, I would probably leave it alone. The fuse that powers my lock are located behind the house battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Door latch 03.jpg   Door latch 04.jpg  
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #44

You are correct. It is a Dexter. What I need to do is wipe the memory clean put it back to factory codes.
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #45

Keyless entry reset

My dealer was no help and found this site. Click 'Support' and 'Keyless Entry' is the first choice. It will give you menus for RV manufacturers. Jayco is in the list, but Seneca is not. Use 'Greyhawk' or other and model UM28 keypad manual is available. You unscrew the keypad and short the colored wire listed to reset to factory default and input your own codes. Easy peasy. The 2nd link is direct link to menu if not broken. It is a downloadable pdf for later.
TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware
E-Ask | TriMark Corporation
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #46

My 2016 29 MV has a Bauer with batteries. It works well so far. I replaced the stock batteries with long lasting one because I didn't want a problem. Setting the code was easy.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I have not heard bad things about the Bauer EM, just that you probably need to change the batteries in the latch once a season. If you full-time and are in and out a lot, even maybe more often. It take 4-AA batteries, cheap and common.

It is not the same as my unit's, the root of my problem seems to be the separate Dexter keypad. I do have a Bauer latch with a separate actuator to operate the deadbolt, controlled by the Dexter keypad. But my issue isn't the latch, it is just that the Dexter keypad is bad. The buttons stop working or the pad shorts out and tries to continuously lock the unit!

The keypad on my 2013 Seneca TS is made by Trimark. I think the door is Dexter and the latch itself is Bauer. There was a recall to install a new keypad with a fuse (the fire issue). I've never found a fuse BTW. Since then I've had to replace the keypad twice, it keeps failing. This last time before it failed the deadbolt actuator kept going on and off, this happened after I washed it. I'm thinking moisture gets into the latch area where the actuator (solenoid) is located. I've also noticed problems similar to this after a heavy rain. If this keypad fails then I'm either going with the Bauer EM or disabling the whole mess.
Oldapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldapple View Post
The keypad on my 2013 Seneca TS is made by Trimark. I think the door is Dexter and the latch itself is Bauer. There was a recall to install a new keypad with a fuse (the fire issue). I've never found a fuse BTW. Since then I've had to replace the keypad twice, it keeps failing. This last time before it failed the deadbolt actuator kept going on and off, this happened after I washed it. I'm thinking moisture gets into the latch area where the actuator (solenoid) is located. I've also noticed problems similar to this after a heavy rain. If this keypad fails then I'm either going with the Bauer EM or disabling the whole mess.
The last separate keypad the local dealership installed did actually burn itself up right after installation even though the proper fuse had been installed during a prior keypad replacement. That was an interesting phone call from the dealer - "We installed the new keypad, but.....!" There was even some paint damage to the surrounding door area but nothing else harmed. After the many attempts to fix the original system, Jayco gave up and authorized a complete new entry door. I had a couple other warranty issues needing addressed so Jayco asked that I bring it to the Service Center in Middlebury. That was one year ago, they installed and painted the new door and it looks like it came with it originally. I now have the Bauer EM battery-operated latch and it works well. I did install lithium batteries and they lasted all season with considerable use.

Even though your unit is (likely) out of warranty, a plea to Jayco Service might be worth trying since you have been through many keypads too. They might authorize a "goodwill" repair since this is a known issue. Couldn't hurt to ask!
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
The last separate keypad the local dealership installed did actually burn itself up right after installation even though the proper fuse had been installed during a prior keypad replacement. That was an interesting phone call from the dealer - "We installed the new keypad, but.....!" There was even some paint damage to the surrounding door area but nothing else harmed. After the many attempts to fix the original system, Jayco gave up and authorized a complete new entry door. I had a couple other warranty issues needing addressed so Jayco asked that I bring it to the Service Center in Middlebury. That was one year ago, they installed and painted the new door and it looks like it came with it originally. I now have the Bauer EM battery-operated latch and it works well. I did install lithium batteries and they lasted all season with considerable use.

Even though your unit is (likely) out of warranty, a plea to Jayco Service might be worth trying since you have been through many keypads too. They might authorize a "goodwill" repair since this is a known issue. Couldn't hurt to ask!
Great idea Robbbry. I might try that! Also note to those having to replace the keypad, $80 direct from Trimark. I've seen them as high as $180 on eBay and hard to find otherwise.
Oldapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #50

Our 2015/2016 Seneca 37FS worked the day we bought it and the dayafter we took it in to be repaired or replaced. Rest of the time, it doesn't/hasn't worked. We certainly don't count on it. It was one of those fancy dodads that looked cool and then became useless.
OUR KEY HAS NEVER FAILED and I'm happy.

I'm headed in in March for a check up and I'll let them look at it again. ;-)

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door keypad