Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #1

Door lock key pad

Anyone having an issue with their door keypad not working. Mine worked until today and now just quit. Will not lock or unlock. Wondering if there is a fuse but cannot find it. Everything else electrical appears to work. 2012 Greyhawks 3100SS
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #2

If it is the Dexter Keyless Lock, can you tell if there is power to the contact pads in the door frame?

I am not sure if the pads have a fuse hidden someplace or if they go through the breaker panel. I've not had to hunt mine down... yet.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
WDW

Cover plate on backside for 4 AA batteries. I'm betting you need to replace them. The info is there to reprogram it too.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Cover plate on backside for 4 AA batteries. I'm betting you need to replace them. The info is there to reprogram it too.
What 4 AA batteries?? Never seen any documentation for batteries?

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #5

I do not see a cover for batteries. Are you sure there are batteries in this thing?
Old 04-26-2015, 03:24 AM   #6

I have a 2014 31Ds and it has a Bauer door lock, her is some info

Bauer Products - Bauer EM

Manuals
Bauer Products - Bauer NE Manual
Old 04-26-2015, 04:25 AM   #7
WDW

Could be wrong. Ours does. I'll have to check the model.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #8

Jayco must have changed lock models for the 2015s. A door lock manual was about the only one missing from the large pile given us at PDI. I emailed Jayco and received a PDF for my lock. This image is from the Dexter manual they sent, which matches what is in my entry door. I opened mine up to program the door code and it does not contain batteries but runs off one of the 12 volt batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
Old 04-26-2015, 09:25 AM   #9

NC Roamer. That pic looks like my key pad. The numbers are mounted horizontally on the door, below the handle are are not part of the handle assembly. I have contacts (2) on the hinge side on the door, I assume they have something to do with the locking system. When my electric lock worked, it seems like the door had to be closed, which makes sense. I guess I'll start pulling fuses at the foot of the bed to see if any are blown, but I doubt they are since everything else seems to work. Wonder if they fused that lock in the fuse panel under the hood? I always thought fuses under the hood were fuses that Ford put in and fuses/breakers in the coach, controlled coach stuff. Anyone know if there are other fuses?
btw, how did you post pictures? I do not see that option here. I am using an iPhone, maybe that makes a difference?
Old 04-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #10

I had all kinds of trouble with the original Dexter lock on my 2013 351RLTS. The biggest problem was that the actuator kept failing, sticking the lock in either the locked or unlocked position.

I couldn't get Jayco to budge from the original configuration of my door. I eventually dealt with Challenger Door directly, and they shipped me one of the self-contained Bauer keyless entry door locks. This is the battery operated door lock that I believe Jayco now uses in all of it's doors.

The first Bauer unit Challenger Door sent me had an issue. Bauer replaced that one for me, and I haven't had any issues since.

One set of lithium batteries in the Bauer unit got me through the entire 2014 camping season.

My door looks a little odd now with two different keypads on it. I removed the power from the orginal Dexter unit, so it is completely non-functional now.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky46 View Post
Nbtw, how did you post pictures? I do not see that option here. I am using an iPhone, maybe that makes a difference?
I use Safari on an iPad. Look along the top row of icons on the message input frame for one that looks like a paper clip with a down-arrow. If the paper clip icon is not there, look at the bottom of the frame for a button with "Go Advanced" and click it. The paper clip is in that frame.

Clicking on the paper clip down-arrow opens a new tab where I can choose an image file from my iPad to upload. When you upload it, close that tab to return to your message, click on "Preview Post" and the thumbnail image should appear.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
Old 04-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #12

There are more fuses on the drivers side mounted on the firewall. It's kind of hard to get to it's behind the emergency break. At least that's the way it is on my 2014 Greyhawk 29KS.
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #13

We just purchased a 2015 Greyhawk 29ME and can't find where/how to set the code to the door lock. Can any of you help?
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:47 AM   #14

an update... When my keypad door lock failed, I was camping and assumed everything else worked, however when I was ready to hit the road again, I now have no power to the Audio/GPS system, thus, no rear or side cameras. So now I am thinking that door lock is fused along with my Audio system, however I cannot find a fuse for that. According to my Ford owners manual it looks like that should be fuse #39 in the panel under the dash, but that fuse if fine. Anyone know how Jayco fuses their audio units?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:49 AM   #15

Monica, I did not receive info about programing the lock. My dealer set mine for me and I assume it was not difficult. They asked me what I wanted for a code and in no time that is what they had set it for. Actually if I remember right, the salesman set it. So they should be able to tell you how that is done.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #16

I also have the Dexter 12-volt keypad on my 2014 Seneca, replaced once due to a recall indicating the unit could start a fire! But now I am going back to the dealer for (another) replacement since the recall replacement unit lasted about 2-weeks before 3 of the 5 buttons stopped working. I hope this third keypad is better, otherwise I will be seeking some sort of permanent "fix" from Jayco proper.
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #17

Bluesky... there is a fuse at the base of the relay behind the house battery. There's actually two fuses. One of them, an 8amp I believe, serves the stereo and door lock. Considering both are out, that is probably your culprit. The other fuse provides the control voltage for the battery disconnect relay. These fuses are one major PITA to get to. I find it best to slide the battery tray out, then get under the coach and reach up through the frame and blindly pull the fuses. Both of mine have blown while driving in heavy rains. Perhaps the relay base wasn't really designed for wet locations.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #18
WDW

Our tech sprayed those connections with a battery connection preventive spray to prevent corrosion and dampness issues. He said he has seen issues there because of the location.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica View Post
We just purchased a 2015 Greyhawk 29ME and can't find where/how to set the code to the door lock. Can any of you help?
Assuming that you have a Bauer NE/EM model door lock you can look here at the online manual and download it. It has the codes to set your lock up.

Bauer Products - Bauer NE Manual

Hope I was able to help.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #20

Thank you!!! It helped - we got it now. Much appreciation!
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door keypad