Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2022, 02:38 PM   #1

Driver's Captain Seat

We have a 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. One of the selling features of this floorplan was swivel captain seats. Our paperwork from the dealer also indicates that our Greyhawk has swivel chairs. Our passenger seat will swivel and is very usable for extra seating. However, our drivers captains seat only swivels a quarter turn and is not usable for extra seating.

Does anyone out there have a 2021 Greyhawk 29MV with captain seats that both swivel and are usable?

Thanks to all!
bbhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:27 PM   #2

I have 2022 Greyhawk 29 and swiveled my seats twice! The wires under drivers seat would stop mine. Unplugged them and it would swivel. Not worth the trouble!!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:08 PM   #3

I'm supposed to have the same thing on my Entegra. I can swivel the passenger seat, but there seems to be no way to do the driver seat. Seems like an upsell with no function, like the tank heat strips. Buy tank heat strips for $2, poorly wire them, and sell for $250.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:27 PM   #4

I have a 25R. It is possible but not easy or convenient to do whenever you feel like it. Best done when you will be parked for several days and with 2 people, as you need someone on the inside to help push/pull/recline/swivel while someone is on the outside doing the same while also manning the seat levers. At some point when it seems like the steering wheel is in the way, do not give up hope; slide the seat as far back as it will go, undo the recline and forcibly fold the seat down as far as you can and swivel-squeeze it past the steering wheel.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:48 PM   #5

Like ait109 stated, it is possible for the driver seat to rotate. It rotates towards the middle of the vehicle with manipulation of the seat slide and back rest tilt. It is not easy and requires patiences. The dealer told me it would rotate so I told them to show me. None of them could and then they said I guess not. I made them stay until we figured it out. It gets easier the more you do it.

2022 Redhawk 26M
Jay22 is offline   Reply With Quote