Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2020, 05:33 AM   #1

Drove a new Accolade

I had a friend come by with his brand new Accolade 37K and he wanted me to drive it to see if there were any problems as he was concerned with vibrations and rattles (much improved when we lowered his tire pressure). Now I have a long standing rule of not trying out someone’s car, boat, motorcycle, bicycle or wife for fear if you like it it could cost a lot of money and trouble. That said, it is a very nice unit. They made some nice changes and upgrades

I think I like the one long interconnecting outside compartments allowing you to store long items lengthwise and the nice carpeted cross over. Inside the iPad control pad for lighting is cool. It had some features seen on higher end motorhomes.

The driving experience was similar to my Seneca. l kept reaching for the shift lever, which is not there. I did not like that I had to manually engage the parking brake when put in neutral. I like the air horn pull like the big boys. Noise level was similar. His gps kept telling me the speed limit and he did not now how to turn that off. LOL. It is the same and different and I can’t say how.

Maybe it’s my transmission reprogram and engine uprate (to the same HP), but my Seneca feels to me a bit “lighter” when accelerating even in “mode”. I do like the selectable gears on the Allison 3000.

All in all, a very nice unit with some nice upgrades. I gave him a shopping list starting with the Snapads and moving up from there. Jayco did a good job on this design.

My wife was very nervous throughout the visit and relieved when he pulled away and I still liked our Seneca.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:55 AM   #2

I would place a bet on if they're not included in the 2019 Senecas the differences you mention will be in the 2020 Seneca. I looked at some pictures of the 2020 Seneca 37TS and I noticed the Vega Touch (iPad) control panel is mounted in the same place as my 2020 Accolade 37TS. A great feature of that is I can control everything from my iPhone and iPad as well using the VegaTouch Mira app.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote