Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2024, 09:56 AM   #1

DTC C0300 MBZ 4cyl 2024 Melbourne

So I have had the Melbourne for a few weeks, 3000 miles and although there was no "check engine" light, I thought I would run my diagnostics OBD2.
Got 22 DTC's including P300660, etc.
Anybody else run into this?
Thanks
rickcioppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:06 AM   #2

I don't have a Melbourne however, I would ask if the codes were listed as "pending" or "stored" codes? Many vehicles could have codes that are "pending" which simply means that there are items detected that could be of concern if problems were to occur but they haven't reached the threshold of actually being an issue (and could be normal). So when working on a vehicle, knowing the pending codes can help determine a common component that is not working as expected which is generally speaking an issue that would have registered a "stored" code which means that item has exceeded whatever threshold was set and would have activated (should have) the check engine light. ~CA
Old 03-03-2024, 10:11 AM   #3

Thanks, Craig,
Yea, all mine are stored, cleared them and they came right back?
rickcioppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcioppa View Post
Thanks, Craig,
My knowledge is very limited for Mercedes Melbournes (all Mercedes in fact) so I can't give a lot of specific information and you may want to call a dealer.

I will add though that there are other classes of codes and the computer that stores the codes does so differently on different vehicles. Generally speaking, and I mentioned pending vs stored codes, but more specific to a stored code which is something that was recorded in the past but is not occurring at this time. I have read about (again not personally experienced) that certain makes and models don't allow the stored codes to be erased with a standard code reader, which may be the case here. When you do delete\erase them, they show back up as they are still stored. When you have a code that is listed as "stored" that means that they occurred at one time in the past and are not occurring at this time and not that they showed back up because they are still occurring which if they were then they would be listed as "active" codes. Pending, Stored, Active could be listed differently depending on the code reader.

Point being, is that prior to your purchase, something could have occurred such as running out of DEF (or anything really) that has been corrected, but the codes will be stored forever. (I say forever, depends on the programming, as well as I believe they could be erased with a factory specific computer diagnostic tool but not necessarily from a standard code reader).

Just to add to where I was going, I wouldn't be concerned unless they show up again as an active code which would (should) cause the check engine or similar light on the dash to turn on.

~CA
Old 03-03-2024, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcioppa View Post
Thanks, Craig,
I don't have your RV, but...

On our Kia van, clearing the codes thru the inexpensive, consumer-grade reader I had, didn't work. Pulling the chassis battery cable for 30 mins (IIRC) was the way I cleared them. [ Clearing the codes on the Ford, did work. ]

Just thought I'd mention that.

P300660 brings up some interesting google hits.