Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #1

Dumping Black Water in '06 Greyhawk 31SS

We completed our "maiden voyage" in our new-to-us '06 Greyhawk 31SS last week. There are a few known problems, but nothing that needs immediate attention. The trip went well in a state park campground with full hookups. When I hooked up my new RhinoFlex hose, I looked for the tank dump handles. The gray handle was in full view directly beneath the identifying label on the bottom edge of the coach body. A few feet to the left, just past the dump pipe, is the label for the black tank and no handle in sight. I groped around underneath with no luck. I found a foam pad in the hose storage the previous owner must have needed to do the same thing. I had to get down on both knees to lean over and reach under the body where I located the handle further back than the length of my forearm. I wasn't worried about the RhinoFlex hose coming loose, but it's not a good position to be in when dumping black water. I'm really disappointed with Jayco. Surely this isn't a common occurrence. Any of you guys have the same situation? Any ideas about a fix?
Widewader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #2

The previous owner may have modified it. Our 2001 had an extension cable connected to the handle (from the factory) since the black valve was in a hard to reach place. I have also seen extension rods. You can order them from Tweety's
Old 04-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #3

Hey, Grumpy. Thanks for your information about Tweety's. They do, in fact, have the "Waste Valve Extension Handle" for $12.95 and I ordered it. Never heard of Tweety's. I've bookmarked them for future use.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widewader View Post
Hey, Grumpy. Thanks for your information about Tweety's. They do, in fact, have the "Waste Valve Extension Handle" for $12.95 and I ordered it. Never heard of Tweety's. I've bookmarked them for future use.
They sponsor JOF, glad to help.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #5

Hey, Grumpy. I ordered the Black Tank Extension from Tweety's. Easy installaton. Now I can dump the black tank without getting down on my knees. Thanks for you help.

Big question is: Why did I have to buy an extension?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #6

Haven't had that problem, but on our '04 Greyhawk, the handle for black dumps the grey tank and vice versa.
Wulfgar878 is offline   Reply With Quote