Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #1

E450 dash coin tray

Can anyone tell me how to remove the in dash coin tray in a E 450? I need to remove it and don’t want to damage it in doing so.

ATTACH]47055[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0362.jpg  
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #2

https://www.etrailer.com/question-257893.html

"The coin tray on the dash of your 2017 Ford E-450 can be simply pried out with a slot screwdriver. You can gently insert the screwdriver between the tray and the dash piece that surrounds it. You will then pry the tray out. Just be sure to apply gentle pressure all around the edge of the tray until it is released as opposed to forcing it out."
Old 02-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
https://www.etrailer.com/question-257893.html

"The coin tray on the dash of your 2017 Ford E-450 can be simply pried out with a slot screwdriver. You can gently insert the screwdriver between the tray and the dash piece that surrounds it. You will then pry the tray out. Just be sure to apply gentle pressure all around the edge of the tray until it is released as opposed to forcing it out."

Thank you, I now can do it. I saw no other way but to pry it out, however, didn’t want to do something I would later regret, without getting confirmation beforehand.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #4

I'm curious.

Why remove it?

Previously:
Flagstaff MicroLite
Jayco Jay pop-up
Tent.... Several.
Campers for 40 plus years
PapiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiG View Post
I'm curious.

Why remove it?

I find it a complete waste of space with no value. It is too small to put anything in and who needs a place to put change? I cut a piece of ABS to fit the hole and now I can use it to place my aux brake’s Wi-Fi controller, my in-out thermometer as well as anything else I need dash space for. Before I had to put everything on the top of the dash and it got in my way and was cluttering up things. It just works much better for me and keeps things organized and out of the way. That’s the only reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	47096
Old 02-15-2019, 04:28 AM   #6

Great idea Graphin. I was just trying to figure out a way to mount my 760 Garmin in that spot yesterday. I noticed your GPS is where mine is now but your rear view mirror is gone. Did you remove it from the glass? If so did you remove the mount piece? That mirror is somewhat of a waste. I only use it to make sure the DW is safe while she is moving around to get something. Please let me know when you get a minute. Thanks, Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
Great idea Graphin. I was just trying to figure out a way to mount my 760 Garmin in that spot yesterday. I noticed your GPS is where mine is now but your rear view mirror is gone. Did you remove it from the glass? If so did you remove the mount piece? That mirror is somewhat of a waste. I only use it to make sure the DW is safe while she is moving around to get something. Please let me know when you get a minute. Thanks, Jimmyd

Hi Jimmy, Yes, I removed the rear view mirror, but did not remove the mount from the glass. I simply glued an aftermarket Garmin flat mount to it and placed the Garmin on the ball, as you always would. The mount is nothing more than the regular Garmin ball on a small plate that is to be mounted to a flat surface. They are available on Amazon and/or eBay for a nominal price. If you need me to, I can take a picture of it and get it to you.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #8

A picture would be great. I have a round disc that has the 3M VHB Tape on the backing for mounting a suction cup to. Is that what you used?
Old 02-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #9

Quote:
A picture would be great. I have a round disc that has the 3M VHB Tape on the backing for mounting a suction cup to. Is that what you used?

No Jimmy, these are what I used. The first two are from Amazon and the next two are from eBay. They work exceptionally well. I use another one on my RZR for the Garmin also. I hope this helps !!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5214.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	47125Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5215.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	47126Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5216.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	47127Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5217.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	47128
Old 02-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #10

Thank you gprapim. I will check them out on Amazon. I have the Garmin 760 LTM and need to get the right mount. It has a little weight to it.
Thanks again and have a good evening.
Jimmyd
Old 02-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
Hi Jimmy, Yes, I removed the rear view mirror, but did not remove the mount from the glass. I simply glued an aftermarket Garmin flat mount to it and placed the Garmin on the ball, as you always would. The mount is nothing more than the regular Garmin ball on a small plate that is to be mounted to a flat surface. They are available on Amazon and/or eBay for a nominal price. If you need me to, I can take a picture of it and get it to you.
Gprapim, can you tell me how you removed the rear view mirror? I can’t seem to find a release from the mount. Thanks, Jimmyd
Old 02-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #12

Jimmy, it slides off. Here is what it looks like when it is off. I can’t take a picture of the windshield piece because I have glued the Garmin adapter to it and I don’t want to break the bond. I hope this helps.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5231.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	47396 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5233.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	47397
Old 02-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Jimmy, it slides off. Here is what it looks like when it is off. I can’t take a picture of the windshield piece because I have glued the Garmin adapter to it and I don’t want to break the bond. I hope this helps.Attachment 47396 Attachment 47397
Thank you so much. I will give that a try.
Jimmyd
Old 02-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #14

Gprapim, I just noticed that you said you glued your GPS adapter to the mirror bracket? Did you use the pad that came with the bracket or use another type of adhesive? Jimmyd
Old 02-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Gprapim, I just noticed that you said you glued your GPS adapter to the mirror bracket? Did you use the pad that came with the bracket or use another type of adhesive? Jimmyd

This is the type of tape I used. You can get it in any automotive or hardware store. This is what may come on the bracket you bought. I did this so long ago, I seem to forget, plus, I have used the bracket a couple of times before I placed it on the mirror base so I probably did use the tape in the picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5234.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	47398
Old 02-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #16

Quote:
This is the type of tape I used. You can get it in any automotive or hardware store. This is what may come on the bracket you bought. I did this so long ago, I seem to forget, plus, I have used the bracket a couple of times before I placed it on the mirror base so I probably did use the tape in the picture. Attachment 47398

Just make sure that you let it sit overnight before you attach your GPS to it. Give it a chance to cure.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #17

Quote:
This is the type of tape I used. You can get it in any automotive or hardware store. This is what may come on the bracket you bought. I did this so long ago, I seem to forget, plus, I have used the bracket a couple of times before I placed it on the mirror base so I probably did use the tape in the picture. Attachment 47398
Thank you. The bracket came with 3M VHB Tape on it. I just wasn’t sure if it was strong enough to hold my Garmin 760. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks again, Jimmyd
Old 02-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #18
RPR

I have found mounting tape is amazing as to what it will hold!
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
I have found mounting tape is amazing as to what it will hold!
We used cases of VHB tapes in our companies for 25 plus years and I can attest to its adhesive ability to many substrates. We laminated mirrored stainless steel to plastics. Great stuff for sure and very expensive.