Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #21

I'm starting to appreciate my trailer more after reading this thread!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:06 PM   #22

I bought mine⁷ used with banks headers and exhaust and love the system so far with 48,000 miles.
My old one (460) was nasty on manifold leaks, but was able to take them off inside the MH and milled the manifolds as well as pull heads, remove broken studs an mill them and a valve job.we reassembled without gaskets. Put 60,000 miles without another problem. just saying.
Good luck
Mel
Bucket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
Yes I was told if I fix it it will do it again, I have seen on the pickups and others having to take the fenders off to get to them
Have I not seen where some repair w/ slotted manifold w/ springs under nuts?
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyl View Post
That’s a good idea. I was thinking not welding them back in but find some plastic liners off a pickup and fasten them in with plastic push fasteners. Then you have easier access the next time you need to service something in that area. Oh wait you said Ford, you’ll never have to work on it again.😉
Please show us what you did when your done.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #25

Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
This Class C RV I have did some checking on having exhaust studs replaced, had three shops refuse the work the shop I found that would do it said they may have to pull the motor. I tried to get in the area to fix the problem and no room to access the studs. Unlike the pickups the inner fenders do not come out. A few on the rear have some clearance but the others are crowded. This is going to be costly.
I don’t know what you have but I have a e450 Nexus Triumph T32 and my ford dealer said “ we do trucks and RVs” .Thay can handle it. Good luck.
The Doghoues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:09 AM   #26

I had the same problem with the 5.4L V-8 in my F-150. Our dealer wanted almost $2000 to fix it. I found an exhaust repair place that got the studs out and replaced one manifold and planed the other, and used bolts instead of studs. Did the job for about $800. However a year later the gaskets started leaking again and eventually I traded the truck in. Very disappointing situation.
Rayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:28 PM   #27

I'm more that a do it yourselfer. Been a certified tech for 50 years, to do these studs there's not much trick to it. You just grit your teeth and start tearing into it. I have fixed the resr one or two without major issues. But those front ones will require a bunch of labor. That was what finally convinced me to trade for my Seneca. There about nothing that can't be fixed, just time and money. Not a job that will be cheap to hire fine. Sorry can't be more helpful.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote