Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2021, 05:24 PM   #1

Easier than I thought - Installed Helwig anti-sway bar and back Suomo Springs

I put off doing the Suomo Springs and Helwig anti-sway until the last thing before my upcoming trip. I was surprised at how quick it went. I spent a lot more time figuring out how to lift the vehicle on both, than the actual part replacement. With the Suomo Springs you lift the frame and let the axle drop. With the Helwig you get the wheels up so the weight is fully on the suspension during the replacement. See the yellow and black Sumo's and gray anti-sway bar in the photo. Test drive soon. And I thought of my "old man" (as we referred to my Dad) always saying - "take your time and torque the damn bolts!" Got it Dad. Done. (Grounding strap hanging upside down waiting to be attached properly.)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9211.jpg  
Old 12-17-2021, 05:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
I put off doing the Suomo Springs and Helwig anti-sway until the last thing before my upcoming trip. I was surprised at how quick it went. I spent a lot more time figuring out how to lift the vehicle on both, than the actual part replacement. With the Suomo Springs you lift the frame and let the axle drop. With the Helwig you get the wheels up so the weight is fully on the suspension during the replacement. See the yellow and black Sumo's and gray anti-sway bar in the photo. Test drive soon. And I thought of my "old man" (as we referred to my Dad) always saying - "take your time and torque the damn bolts!" Got it Dad. Done. (Grounding strap hanging upside down waiting to be attached properly.)
I believe you are going to like it. The PO of my Precept had Tampa Springs install a sway bar on the rear of mine and an extra leaf spring. Drives great. 2 fingers steering with passing 18 wheelers.
Attached Thumbnails
0161A504-9A07-4AFD-90EA-DF7667DE6F66.jpg   0FAB0400-94CA-4F1D-A801-B783C2989217.jpg  
Old 12-17-2021, 05:42 PM   #3

Why do you need a ground strap touching the road ???
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Why do you need a ground strap touching the road ???
Lol!
Old 12-17-2021, 09:45 PM   #5

Old school. But in all fairness I do have 824 Amp hours in my lithium batteries. So this is connected to a ground strap that goes to the chassis and my ground on my Victron Multiplus which will do up to 3000 watts inverting and can charge at 90 amps. So is all of that overkill? Yes. And all of my 120 is gfci so there’s that. Safety first!
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote