Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #1

Electric step problem.

Sunday took my 2016 Redhawk 29XK for a drive, unknown to me my steps did not retract when Ignition was turned on. Parked on side of road and tried to retract them but no go. Got home safely and also discovered my rear camera had quit. Started to trouble shoot the electrical system by requesting a diagram from Jayco. Checked all fuses that I could find Also discovered while sitting in drivers seat that my outside mirrors would not work. While looking between lower dash panel and steering wheel I saw a loose shiny metal box. It was the rear camera controller that the 12v power goes to. Removed the lower dash panel, just clips in and found a 5 amp fuse holder, with a blown fuse buried behind the camera controller. Replaced fuse and everything came back to life. The diagram Jayco sent me does not even show the fuse they added, if it had I would have saved a days trouble shooting. Just wanted to pass this on in case anyone else has a power problem like mine from the Hidden Fuse.
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote