Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #21

EMS is the 1st thing a RV should have.
A good Water pressure regulator is #2.
IMHO
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
EMS is the 1st thing a RV should have.
A good Water pressure regulator is #2.
IMHO
Ok, guess I'm sold on the EMS. Now can someone recommend and an expensive water pressure regulator?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
I would preface my remarks by this. Where are you planning on traveling and how often? I have worked at campgrounds for the last 5 years, and I have seen the issues with electric. I have a progressive hard wired EMS. I would not hook up without one, but we live in our RV for 6 moths at a time. If I was going to a local campground I knew, and only for a weekend or so I may chance it. $225 for an EMS vs 1000's potentially, if you have a power issue is a no brainer to me. When campgrounds are busy in warm weather you can almost be assured your power is going to have low voltage, how low is the issue and you will never know. My advice is pay the couple hundred and don't worry about it again. I would also get a water pressure regulator again $10 to $40 is cheap compared to potential repairs and damage.

Happy Camping !
I agree also on the water pressure regulator. I never hook up without my Watts 263A. I have seen 90 psi at one campground and even my home base is 70'ish at times. I definitely don't want a blown out pipe in my rig. We all know it would be in a wall in a place impossible to get to.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:19 AM   #24

EMS-PT50X

Portable EMS-PT50X RV Surge Protector

Had it for a year works great and lifetime guarantee...
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I agree also on the water pressure regulator. I never hook up without my Watts 263A.
x2 on the Watts.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #26

I definitely want some version of the Progressive EMS 50 for our new 30.5MBOK but trying to decide on "hard wired" vs portable. We do use our Honda 2000's several times a year and understand there's an issue with the hard wired when using a these generators, so go portable & not use it for those occasions? If the hard wired model goes bad, harder to replace or service it & the camper being out of service till it's repaired? On the other hand, concerned about the portable "growing legs & walking away"! Would love your thoughts! Thanks
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:01 PM   #27

I use a Progressive SSP30XL for electrical protection. My rig is stored at my brother's place. Also have a 45# water pressure regulator for water pressure protection. I once built a doohicky to check the water pressure at his place, he's on a community water service, and saw his water pressure spike at 110 psi. Don't hook up without either one.

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote