Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2017, 07:57 AM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
Does the R&R procedure require a ladder or step stool?
Not at all. We just throw it across the hood, grab one end, open the door and hook the little pocket over the rear of the door on top. Then, walk around the other side, open the door and hook it to that side. Close the door, you're done. It also comes with wiper covers (in case you're in snow.) That's it, nothing to it. We like to see outside during the day, and then we just use the Reflectix at night to prevent seeing inside.
RayBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #22

The Sun Pro and the Magne Shade are pretty much the same.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Respectfully, that's not exactly correct.

The MagneShade requires the installation (adhered to the interior of the windshield) of separate magnets using 3M double sided tape and a multi-person installation process. (Plus, you see them at all times when the shade is not in place, which I did not want.) There are videos on the website detailing these facts.

When I was researching, I decided against that brand because I did not want to glue anything to the windshield or elsewhere inside of the motorhome. The Sun Pro does not require attaching or gluing or adhering anything to your vehicle. The magnets are inside the fabric and attach to the metal exterior of your coach. When you take it off, everything is self-contained and fits into a small storage bag with no evidence remaining.

While this may be impossible for certain fiberglass Class A's, mine is a Freightliner, made from American steel and is therefore conducive to magnets by itself. It is not right or wrong, just was my choice.

However, your observation as it relates to the fabric is correct...they both look about the same from inside and do a similar job.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #24

Just to clarify for other readers, the magnet placement on the windshield is a one time event. After that it is a one person 5 minute task to put up the Magne Shade windshield and side curtains. The earth magnets are the size of a dime and are placed at corners and top and bottom edge. I don't notice them at all.

MagneShade side curtains are separate pieces that attach with magnets (in pockets) directly to the metal doors...and you can operate the doors normally. From what I can make out on the website, the Sun Pro is one piece that covers the windshield and side windows. Never used the SunPro so can't comment on ease of use.

The MagneShade is available with artwork but as they did not have minions available for licensing reasons, I opted for plain burgundy which matches the paint.
SunPro is $200, Magne Shade is $400.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #25
Lost in the Woods

I do have to say I like the desire for Minions. I have it as well. I particularly like the ones with a single-eye goggle. Stuart, Kevin, Tim, Carl...can you tell I have a little kid? SunPro had no minions either, so I chose black.

I don't have a brand to promote, but we have other Freightliners at my shop and it's handy to be able to just grab the thing and put it on another truck without having to install new magnets. I'm sure either way is fine. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

And, yes, the Sun Pro is a one-piece. Perfect fit, easy and you can move it from one vehicle to the next. Better? I'm not sure about the definition of better...I think we each choose what we think is better for our own situation.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #26

On a previous Class-C motorhome... we experimented with a number of different variations of the cab window cover, both internal and external as the discussion has recently focused on the Sun Pro and the Magne Shade. Ours was neither, but was a canvas type external cover that went over the cab and door windows.

For most trips, it worked very well at keeping the cab cool as it was white in color and essentially blocked out all of the light. It did obscure the view out the cab and made the camper dark in the forward area - for what we wanted out of it, it served us well.....
Until -

Camping in the high Uinta mountains, we had a cold front come in and it rained that evening before we were to leave the next day. The morning was well below freezing and the cover was securely frozen to the windshield and doors.

Ever since that camping trip - we have kept the privacy curtains / Insulation shields on the inside... the Ice scraper works much better on plain old glass.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote