Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #1

Embark/Seneca Microwave Removal

A major power problem fried my microwave and I need to replace it. It's a GE Profile installed over the cooktop. I have the installation instructions that show the microwave is held on with three screws installed from the top of the microwave, plus hanging on a bracket in the rear.

The three screws (threads) are visible with the front microwave panel removed, but I cannot understand how to remove the screws since the microwave is installed up against the top of slideout.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
LRobinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRobinTx View Post
A major power problem fried my microwave and I need to replace it. It's a GE Profile installed over the cooktop. I have the installation instructions that show the microwave is held on with three screws installed from the top of the microwave, plus hanging on a bracket in the rear.

The three screws (threads) are visible with the front microwave panel removed, but I cannot understand how to remove the screws since the microwave is installed up against the top of slideout.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
any pictures ?

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #3

Is there another 3/8-1/2 inch wood panel above the micro with 4 screws across the front? If so, that is what is holding the micro. Besure you have a 2nd person to help hold it when you remove those screws.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:04 AM   #4

Sorry, I can't post any pictures.

There is a hardwood panel that runs over the entire top of the microwave with five screws holding the front edge. I've taken all the screws out and nothing moves. Should some minor (or major!) force be applied to loosen it? It's finished nicely but not visible for most views.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRobinTx View Post
Sorry, I can't post any pictures.

There is a hardwood panel that runs over the entire top of the microwave with five screws holding the front edge. I've taken all the screws out and nothing moves. Should some minor (or major!) force be applied to loosen it? It's finished nicely but not visible for most views.

Thanks.
I'd try a little pressure. When we had the SENECA it wasn't that tight, but it sure sounds like the panel I removed, but mine came loose with the last screw. As I said besure you have some help.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:46 PM   #6

Well, Grumpy, you were right! I had already removed the screws but the panel would not come "out" of the cabinet/mount. Then, this evening, as luck would have it, my wife came to see what I was doing. She said, casually, "You know, if you took this hardwood trim strip off the slideout frame, that microwave would come right out."

I scoffed. Then I checked the trim strip and saw it had been removed before. Soooooo, I pulled it off and the microwave came right out.

This post automatic power transfer switch work is hanging on a long time.

Thanks to all for the help!