Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #1

Equalizer jacks keep coming back on

Okay - here is a fun one. I have a 2019 seneca 37ts. I’ve camped in about 15 - 20 times so far. I have had no problems with the equalizer jacks. I use my iPhone app to setup using the auto level and when done, turn the system off. Last night I setup the same way, but after turning the system off, it keeps coming back on. I have turned the system off at the panel also with the same results. I did a retract all and the alto leveled again. Same thing turn off and it turns itself back on. The system beeps - but no warning lights are lit. I finally took it out of the dash and unplugged it. The only changes to the coach are fixing the 2 recalls on this S2RV. Added the diode to the ags control in my medicine cabinet to fix the hour meter problem on the generator and added the 2 diodes to radio interface to stop the dash lights from blinking on and off after you turned off the truck. Any ideas?
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Blue ox base plate and tow bar
M&G engineering brake system.
Jesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #2

Jesslinger -

I just came on the forum to look up the same issue, but in my case, I know what the issue is and need to find some assistance in getting it corrected. May be the same issue you are having.

Seems I have one jack that is loosing it's holding ability. When I do the retract, I can see my front driver side jack, slipping down about 3". It holds there. The system senses the one jack that is lower and keeps powering back up so I can retract...but it does not hold.

I am wondering if you do not have a similar situation. Try raising your jacks and then look to see if one of them slides down a bit. Your control system may be sensing a problem with one of the jacks. Hope this helps you for now, but I will be looking for something a bit deeper to find out why just one jack is not staying in place. I am thinking it has something to do with the hydraulic system.
Fullcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #3

Full count-
Thanks for the info.
My problem is happening while I am “jacked up”😁. I will be jacking down later and do an all retract and then turn off the system to see if stays off..

Happy glamping
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 01-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslinger View Post
Full count-
Thanks for the info.
My problem is happening while I am “jacked up”😁. I will be jacking down later and do an all retract and then turn off the system to see if stays off..

Happy glamping
If one of the jacks is losing pressure wouldn't the system come back on? Just a thought.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
If one of the jacks is losing pressure wouldn't the system come back on? Just a thought.

I would think maybe so - but the i dont think the jacks are loosing pressure. The coach did not move in a day and a half. I performed an all retract a little while ago then turned the system off and it stayed off..I then did an auto level again and it again come back on after i turn it off. this happens within 5 seconds of turning it off. I am noticing that the ignition on warning light blinks for a second (I don't have the key in the ignition) when it does turn back on. I am going to guess that this has something to do with putting the diodes in the radio power circuit to fix the dash light blinking on this s2rv. The only reason I unplug the unit is to keep it from beeping. This looks like a call to tech support for equalizer or Jayco.....

Thanks
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 01-25-2020, 10:25 PM   #6

Hello, I am having the same problem. I had my 2019 RB at the dealer and they put two diodes to stop the dash lights from blinking. After that, the Equalizer lights starting blinking and beeping. If you watch your lights and follow the blinking and beeping, it is a code.

Now, my system will not automatically deploy, but will automatically retract. I can
deploy the jacks manually.

I called Equalizer and explained what was going on. The rep told me, the system thinks the key is in the ignition, and the engine is on. He said that if I contacted Jayco, they would refer my to Freightliner, because it has to do with the ignition. However, if I contacted Freightliner, they would send me back to Jayco, because they installed Equalizer.

I called the dealer that did the work and just as the Equalizer rep said, they referred me to Freighliner. Freightliner said they would fix it. I took it to Freightliner and they said it was fixed. Nope, nothing new. It's going to the dealer on 2/7.

The Equalizer rep told me that if you pull the unit out, you will see a pink wire. if the cut the pink wire, it will stop. He did caution me, this is a fail safe for the system. So for the time being, I did cut the wire, but I installed a plug on each end. I plug it in while I am driving, but unplug it when I am stopped. Yes, not a good idea, but I am on the road and need to use the jacks and don't want to listen to the constant beeping. I did pull the wires out from behind, so I can manually plug and unplug the wires.

Good luck... I think we are going to need it.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #7

La migra. I was guessing it had something to do with the diode fix for the dash lights. I am going to follow up with Jayco and equalizer to see what version of the story I get.
What is curious to me is that yours won’t auto deploy and mine will. I thought it would not auto deploy if it detected the ignition on. I will
Update when I learn more.

To infinity and beyond 😆 or something like that.
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 01-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #8

That is interesting, your jacks auto deploy and mine won’t. It is definitely connected to the dash lights and the diode. I’m thinking perhaps, it depended on the wires the diodes were connected to and which diode, to which wire. Looking forward to the update, as I said in my post, my Seneca goes back to the dealer a week from tomorrow.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
Old 01-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #9

That's interesting.
Look at the attached pdf for the schematic for the diode fix for the S2RV dash lights. Notice that wires coming from the freightliner interface are orange/white and pink The pink wore goes to a cluster that also has a pink wire marked ignition B+. I wonder if that is the pink wire that goes to the equalizer panel that the equalizer rep wanted you to cut?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0094026_B_1_070119.pdf (277.6 KB, 62 views)
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 01-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Full count-
Thanks for the info.

Happy glamping
After some research, the type of problem I am having is called "drifting". It happens with air has been introduced into the system when the reservoir has gotten low. My Equalizer system has a plastic push cap at the top of the reservoir that can allow small amounts of fluid to leak out over time (poor design in my opinion). I filled the reservoir and ran the jacks up and down - whala - problem resolved.

Though one post I read, said to extend all the jacks until they have properly landed, then proceed to extend each jack completely out (taking care to do this without twisting the frame of the coach) until the pump goes into bypass (change in sound pitch) for about 30 seconds. Apparently, this is the proper way to get all air out of the lines. I found I could just run the jacks up and down several times and then my drifting issue was solved.

Good luck on your issue, but sounds like you have a lead on the issue.
Fullcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:37 PM   #11

Smile

Update

Talked to Jayco and I am on another track. When I installed the diodes to fix the dash lights, I also installed a diode on the Magnum AGS control in the medicine cabinet. There is a connect from the AGS to the pink wire in the cluster in the earlier attached schematic. Jayco wants me to unhook the Orange wire in position 2 of the AGS connection and see if that fixes this problem. They have been having to replace these AGS modules as they have been defecitve and causing the hour meter to run without the generator running - which is what the TSB for installing the diode was supposed to fix.

Here's to trying anything??? Maybe
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 01-29-2020, 10:50 PM   #12

Jesslinger... Thank you for the update. Let me know if that does anything for you. I ask, because although my dealer did mention the meter recall, I didn't have them do anything. I use the meter on the the Generator, not the one on the panel. My dealer told me should we do the recall repair, the wall meter would be set to zero, and wouldn't match the Generator meter. Let me know if that worked.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #13

LaMigra -update 2?
Okay, I auto leveled my coach again (at the storage facility) and again the equalizer control would keep coming back on. I disconnected the #2 wire from the ags module in the medicine cabinet with no effect. So no joy there. I did confirm that if I disconnect from Shore power (50 amp) that the system turns off and stays off. So if I don’t have 120v power - either shore or generator, the system will not turn itself back on..... relayed this information to Jayco and they are supposed to call me back..

Waiting patiently (kinda)
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 02-01-2020, 08:15 PM   #14

Thanks, I talked with my service advisor and told him everything I learned from Equalizer and you. He told me that Jayco has been aware of this issue since releasing the 2019's. Let me ask you a question, if you watch and listen to your Equalizer panel, how many times do the lights flash and you hear it beep? Mine flashes 3x to every beep.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:39 PM   #15

My panel, after extending any Jack any amount, the ignition on light will blink and beep once sometimes and sometimes twice every 5–10 seconds. Every 30-40 seconds all the Jack indicator lights will all blink and beep once.. nothing consistent. You mentioned a service advisor? Dealer or Jayco?

Again, I will mention this only happens if there is a 120 volt supply present, either shore power or generator.

Live long and prosper.
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 02-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #16

Quote:
My panel, after extending any Jack any amount, the ignition on light will blink and beep once sometimes and sometimes twice every 5–10 seconds. Every 30-40 seconds all the Jack indicator lights will all blink and beep once.. nothing consistent. You mentioned a service advisor? Dealer or Jayco?

Again, I will mention this only happens if there is a 120 volt supply present, either shore power or generator.

Live long and prosper.
Another interesting turn in the Seneca Equalizer adventure. At least my Equalizer is flashing a code. This time I am taking it my dealer as Freightliner failed. It goes to the dealer on Friday, which means it will be there for who knows how long.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #17

Okay, I talked to John @ Jayco. I am going to replace the 6 amp diodes with 10 amp diodes in the Freightliner interface and see if makes a difference, if not, then wait for the next suggestion [emoji16]
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Old 02-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #18

I just got an email from my service advisor regarding to my equalizer issue. Apparently, Equalizer is aware of the issue and is sending my dealer an update kit,

Old 02-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #19

What year?
My 2016 Equalizer is acting up...
Old 02-12-2020, 12:08 AM   #20

Here are the notes from the TEC working on my rig:

Coach in bay, panel comes on without pressing any buttons, showing jacks down. Hit retract all pump comes on, noise makes it obvious
jacks are already up, then kicks off. turn panel off, few minutes later symptom returns. Manually leveled coach and set zero point. retracted all and
attempted to auto-level. system comes online and operates for a brief moment (2sec - 30sec) then stops leveling. Can manually continue or retract all only
at this point. Holding jack down button (any) system operates but still beeps, and when it does system stops momentarily. Had a similar issue on a
different coach that required bleeding system to rectify. Ensured reservoir full of fluid (it was), put jacks to full extension, and let sit for 15 minutes.
Repeated multiple times, issue still present. Suspect failed/failing panel or controller.
2/11/20 - Jack pad had come back on overnight, currently in failed state. Called Jayco and spoke with John, explained the issue that's at hand and what has
been done thus far. He recommended I call Randy @ Equalizer (gave # and ext). Called Randy and received voicemail. Left message with name, return
number, who referred me, and brief desc of issue at hand. Waiting for return call. Received call from Randy, was instructed to validate jacks are not
actually dropping when the system says they are. If so then there is a valve leaking, if not then an update kit will be required. Informed him the coach sat
in my bay all night and this morning jacks were up but panel was on. Coach in need of an update kit. Gave a list of required info to call back with.
Gathered info and called back. Gave him the info and he gave me an auth #9923 - 0.5 diag - 0.5 install. Said he would see if he can get it shipped out
today, used RO# as a reference number. Called Jayco back, spoke with Tina and informed her of what Equalizer notated as the repair. Started ticket for
this coach, now noted in their system as well.

Tags
equalizer