Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #1

Equalizer leveling system

It was nice out today so i thought I would do some maintenance. so I hit the auto level it put 3 out of 4 jacks down and then excessive slope came on. so I was going to try manual level the jacks go down but wont lift the coach enough to get it level. I called equalizer they weren't to much help told me to take it somewhere. Any suggestions before i take it somewhere?
Old 12-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #2

I allways use wood blocks under my legs so the so the rams don’t have to come out so far. I use 2x6 wood cut about 12 inches long.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:00 AM   #3

Drive it somewhere close to level and reset the Null. I had a issue once that only one sides Jack's came down. It lifted the right side tires off the ground before I was able to stop it. Reset the null and everything worked again. Check the manual for the procedure.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #4

We have had something similar.... I would try to cycle it a couple more times. I periodically shoot the hydraulic ram with WD40 to free them up when they get sticking.

I fully believe that running them monthly is a good idea.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:56 AM   #5

x2 Florida Ranger.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #6

i have reset the null a few times and put 6 in blocks under the jacks but it still wont lift it barely lifts the suspension
i dont have the excessive slope light now.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #7
CAG

Electric or hydraulic? Weak battery, or low fluid?

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #8

Sounds like one of the solenoid is leaking and the system is not building pressure.

I would chalk all four tires then see if using manual I could lift the front, then lower and see if I could lift one side and then the other. This might allow you to isolate a leaking solenoid. If you can not lift any of these then perhaps the motor is weak. Make sure you have a full battery or on shore power to be sure pump is operating at correct amps.

Have you looked at the troubleshooting guide on the equilizer web site. It might help troubleshoot.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Sounds like one of the solenoid is leaking and the system is not building pressure.

I would chalk all four tires then see if using manual I could lift the front, then lower and see if I could lift one side and then the other. This might allow you to isolate a leaking solenoid. If you can not lift any of these then perhaps the motor is weak. Make sure you have a full battery or on shore power to be sure pump is operating at correct amps.

Have you looked at the troubleshooting guide on the equilizer web site. It might help troubleshoot.
it will not lift in manual mode either once the jacks contact the ground they go approx a inch then you can hold the button the motor continues to run but nothing happens
i have the coach plugged into 50amp shore power

the web site wasnt much help i cant find anything about pressure output or where to test. on the pump itself there are 2 fittings where you could hook a quick connect hose but no mention of those on web site
Old 12-30-2019, 11:38 AM   #10

Mine was doing this too, but I got an error message. I called support (mine are Lippert; LCI) and went through all their trouble-shooting, and they said you've done all you can do, take it to a shop that can do hydraulic pressure tests. I took it in, they charged like 2-hours labor for diagnosis and ended up replacing the entire motor/reservoir assembly instead of going further. So I never discovered the root cause of the problem.

My guess is it was a leaky solenoid somewhere in the system not allowing it to build enough pressure; kind of like blow-by. I know I didn't have a leak, and I know my reservoir was full.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #11

Do a retract all. That might re-zero. Then put blocks under each
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:02 AM   #12
MD3

I've had good luck with contacting Equalizer directly and I would suggest trying that if you don't have any luck resolving issues on here. I've had nothing but great service from them when I contacted them directly (more than a couple of times).

I was not a fan at first when trying to level the Seneca compared to my old Class A.

Once you get the system bugs figured out I would highly recommend a set of Snap Pads. I used wood blocks for about a year and my only regret with Snap Pads is that I did not purchase them earlier. Also, a veterans discount if that applies to you.
https://rvsnappad.com/

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:39 PM   #13

I have contacted equalizer they went thru everything i already checked i guess i have too figure it out on my own the last time i took it somewhere they had it for 4 months and i still had to fix it myself
Old 01-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #14

I had a leveling problem with my SENECA, 2016. Front jacks went all the way down, rear jacks went half way down and system shut off. Jacks wouldn't go up or down. After troubleshooting the system my self (checking for blown fuse) I found a bad ground connection, and a poor crimp connection on the relay that runs the pump. Once fixed, everything worked great, so far!!!!! The electrical system in my unit looks like a couple of fifth graders put it in. There are in-line fuses everywhere.
2016 SENECA
2015 Jeep wrangler
South Jersey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #15
JL3

I must correct South Jersey Joe. 3rd graders did the wiring..I have a 2016 Seneca 37FS and I had to fix/replace 4 inline fuses. One didn't have a fuse in it ! The clue to the 3rd grade wiring is the missing fuse. A 5th grader would have made an attempt ! I really like my Seneca AFTER I fixed/repaired the 'hurry up' crapsmenship .... (Hudson Valley NY)
JL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:22 AM   #16

Mine is a Lippert system. I had similar issues on and off for an extended trip. Called Lippert and the tech said to look for a loose connection. Sure enough the positive terminal for the leveling system was loose. Tightened it and haven’t had any other issues. Good luck.
Brian2430 is offline   Reply With Quote