Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #1

Equalizer Leveling System Question

2016 Greyhawk 31FS.

I push the button to put the jacks down. The back ones come down, bounce around a bit, and eventually the console beeps, shows everything to be fine, and turns off. The front jacks have not extended one bit and the coach does not look level.

Why and how to correct this?
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #2

Try pushing all retract before pushing auto level. Sometimes mine will do funny things and after I do this it seems to behave well. Give it a try and see.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #3

You might also want to manually extend the jacks (front or rear down first to "plant/set" the 4 jacks on the ground, then use the buttons to make the unit level (use a small level in the middle of your floor. Then reset the level which involves some number of button pushes and holds (don't remember, but have instructions somewhere).

As mentioned, fully retract, then auto level is a good place to start. Might not hurt to look at your fluid resevoir and make sure it is up to the fill mark when jacks are fully retracted in case someone forgot to fill it. Don't fill when down as the fluid won't have anywhere to go when they retract.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #4

Yeah, sometimes I hit the button and it just beeps at me. I retract and then it works... Go figure...lol
Old 04-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #5

I found a video that calls it "resetting the null"? I have not tried that yet but will in the morning... a couple of months ago we were at a park on a level concrete pad and I noticed the back ones never came down... that was why it looked crooked sitting there... Thanks!
Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #6

Reset the null, This solves a lot of problems as it gets a new reference point.
Once I had only had the two driver side jacks come down, while i was outside setting up, i looked up and it looked the whole rig on the drivers side was off the ground. I ran in and manually leveled the unit and then set the nul. No issues for several months but sometimes it just gets out of whack.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #7

Did it today, seems to have corrected the issue. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #8

Equalizer Leveling System driver side front jack wont deploy

Hello, we have a 2016 GreyHawk Prestige and cannot get the front driver side equalizer jack to deploy. I don't have a dealer nearby and trying to see what I can to to check for simple or items I might be able to change out or test. Any help would be appreciated.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote