Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #21

Thanks for the help - I'll top off the fluid and see if things improve!!!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:22 AM   #22

Equilizer has used a few different systems for alerting if the Jack's are down. Newer models got rid of the switches on each jack and now use a pressure sensor on the pump to determine if the Jack's are up. If the unit is alarming when the pistons are supposed to be up it is a indicating a loss of pressure on the system. This can be from air in the line, low fluid or a leaking piston, fitting or o ring or an electrical issue with the pressure sensor circuit.

First verify there are no leaks, then verify system is charged and finally run air purging procedure from their website.

If the units are randomly alerting then there is most likely some sort of electrical issue as others have noted. Usually brake or engine on. On the seneca releasing the rear air brake cage will cause the alarm and auto retraction of the pistons.

My first major trip the hose on one piston shifted while driving and the oring failed. The pump came on and sprayed oil until I could get the rig pulled over. You will know if you have an external leaking fitting. You might not know a failure of an internal check valve.

Good luck and post your solution.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
The thing starts beeping all on its own now. We'll drive out to the storage lot after a week or so, and sure enough you can here it beeping as you walk up.

Today it would beep then stop as we drove off. Seems like bumps seemed to trigger it. Sometimes the parking brake will get it to stop, but not today.

Eventually, after 15 mins, it stopped beeping, stopped blinking...

Any ideas on what to look for?
Look for the hydraulic jacks to be all the way up.

Look for a shorted wire in the alarm system. (not easy to find). Once found, bypass the short with a new run of wire. My false warning turned out to be low hydraulic fluid. Filled it up and the alarms went away.
SalzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #24

My Jack’s beep if I haven’t used the Greyhawk in a while. The Jack’s will drop slightly when it sits. So I hit the retract button before I start the MH if it’s not been run in a while. No problem after that. Easy fix if it works for you.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #25

Thanks
I have had to do an all retract after I let my 2019 Seneca sit for 3 weeks, once in the year I’ve had the unit. The problem I was having in this thread was caused when I updated my 2019 S2RV chassis to fix the dash lights turning on and off after I turned the ignition off. Based on a tech serv bulletin issued by jayco, I installed 2 - 6A diodes in the freightliner dash/jayco radio interface. This fixed the dash light problem but caused the equalizer to receive a ghost “ignition on” signal when the jacks were deployed. I would level the unit, turn off the equalizer panel and within seconds, the ignition light would blink and the unit would turn itself back on and start beeping. The only ways I could get it to stop beeping was to retract all the jacks, or with the jacks still deployed, pull the controller out of the dash and unplug it. Adding the 6 A to the pink wire solved this. This was a purely electric issue with the controller and the 12v system that jayco installed.
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Blue ox base plate and tow bar
M&G engineering brake system.
Jesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #26

Well I crawled under there - and with the jacks up (I won't lower them for fear of them staying down) the reservoir was full. Only about a 1/4" of light showing between the top of the fluid and the top of the tank.

So, I'm guessing it's not low fluid.
Time to keep debugging.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #27

Who ever had "Grounding" in the pool wins. Got Equalizer Systems help via email (Thank you Randy @ Equalizer!)

Took a bit of back and forth before I found the right grounding stud. Hooked a jumper cable between that stud and the negative pole on a battery. When things started working, that verified it was a grounding issue.

Crawled underneath, cleaned up the contacts, tightened the nuts. And Bob's Your Uncle.
Attached Thumbnails
Jacks Ground Lug.jpg  
Old 04-11-2020, 07:18 AM   #28

Jesslinger, I thought you had resolved your problem. It's been months since we discussed this on your thread.

I am happy to report, that in my case, in early March, the tech at my dealership figured out the problem and I have had no problems since. After five months of trying numerous fixes by Equalizer and Jayco, he ran diagnostics on each wire, at the source and ignition. He identified two wires as the offenders. The Pink wire and a Purple wire. The Pink wire is reads whether or not the key is in the ignition and if the engine is running. The Purple wire is tired into the transmission. This wire reads if the transmission is engaged or in “park”.

Both wires were sending feedback to the system, causing it to malfunction. His fix was to put a diode on the Pink wire and a diode on the Purple wire. This eliminated any feedback to the system. Both wires are still sending the proper signals to the Equalizer, but the diodes eliminated the feedback.

Just FYI before I close, if you count the blinking and the beeping you will find it is a code. In my case, the lights would blink three times and beep once, blink three times and beep once, it never stopped. However, when I called Equalizer, they were able to narrow it down to the Pink wire. Also, if you call Jayco and speak with one of the engineers about this problem. Tell the engineer that you would like more information on how National Indoor RV Center in Phoenix repaired the Equalizer issue. Trust me, the Service advisor at National Indoor RV Center sent Jayco the tech’s notes, his pictures and video on how he repaired the problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck and be safe.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslinger View Post
Yeah. You weren't supposed to notice the brown wire. A little bit of confusion with wire color in the picture jayco sent. looked brown to me but when it didn't work - jayco said purple wire. I got no purple wire. I knew that equalizer had told another seneca owner that cutting the pink wire would disable the ignition warning. So - I said what the heck let's try the pink wire..so I moved that diode to the pink wire -- voila it worked to everybody's surprise (so far anyway)
Jesslinger, I thought you had resolved your problem. It's been months since we discussed this on your thread.

I am happy to report, that in my case, in early March, the tech at my dealership figured out the problem and I have had no problems since. After five months of trying numerous fixes by Equalizer and Jayco, he ran diagnostics on each wire, at the source and ignition. He identified two wires as the offenders. The Pink wire and a Purple wire. The Pink wire is reads whether or not the key is in the ignition and if the engine is running. The Purple wire is tired into the transmission. This wire reads if the transmission is engaged or in “park”.

Both wires were sending feedback to the system, causing it to malfunction. His fix was to put a diode on the Pink wire and a diode on the Purple wire. This eliminated any feedback to the system. Both wires are still sending the proper signals to the Equalizer, but the diodes eliminated the feedback.

Just FYI before I close, if you count the blinking and the beeping you will find it is a code. In my case, the lights would blink three times and beep once, blink three times and beep once, it never stopped. However, when I called Equalizer, they were able to narrow it down to the Pink wire. Also, if you call Jayco and speak with one of the engineers about this problem. Tell the engineer that you would like more information on how National Indoor RV Center in Phoenix repaired the Equalizer issue. Trust me, the Service advisor at National Indoor RV Center sent Jayco the tech’s notes, his pictures and video on how he repaired the problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck and be safe.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #30

LaMigra - yes i did resolve my problem by placing a 6a diode on the pink wire for the equalizer control panel. I did report that back to Jayco. Of course, with the lock down, I don't have anyplace to go..........:-(
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Blue ox base plate and tow bar
M&G engineering brake system.
Jesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Okay - possible solution. The pink wire in the attached photo of the back of the equalizer panel is the feed for the ignition on. So I cut the pink wire and added a 6 amp diode with the cathode end toward the control panel so that there would be no feedback from the equalizer control.. so far so good. When I turn on the ignition, the panel alerts as it should. Turned off the key. Let it auto level and turned off the equalizer. And it stayed off. . Then turned it back on and did an all retract. Hopefully this fixes my problem.
Just wondering is this is still working for you and if you tested the ignition system turns off the EQ system when the key is turned on?
I've got a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk with the same issues. No help form EQ other than check the pink wire from the ignition to the controller. Called Jayco and they recommend I take to local dealer.
Jags830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #32

Same issue on my 2016 Jayco I just bought. I'm going to work on it this weekend. Do you know the diode rating he used? I see Jesslinger used a 6amp? Thanks
Old 12-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I was going to install equalizer in my rig but I constantly see post of issues. But I’m wondering if having it installed by equalizer is better than the factory installation by Jayco?
I installed mine and it wasn't a hard install on the MB chassis. I would go direct to EQ Systems instead of Jayco if I had to choose.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:10 PM   #34

Trying to locate splice location

Quote:
Okay - possible solution. The pink wire in the attached photo of the back of the equalizer panel is the feed for the ignition on. So I cut the pink wire and added a 6 amp diode with the cathode end toward the control panel so that there would be no feedback from the equalizer control.. so far so good. When I turn on the ignition, the panel alerts as it should. Turned off the key. Let it auto level and turned off the equalizer. And it stayed off. . Then turned it back on and did an all retract. Hopefully this fixes my problem.
Hi Jesslinger, I have same issue with my 2016 Greyhawk. Trying to find the location you made that splice and installed the Diode. I've looked under the dash and cant find it. My control panel is underneath if were talking the same her. Thanks for you help.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Thanks
I have had to do an all retract after I let my 2019 Seneca sit for 3 weeks, once in the year I’ve had the unit. The problem I was having in this thread was caused when I updated my 2019 S2RV chassis to fix the dash lights turning on and off after I turned the ignition off. Based on a tech serv bulletin issued by jayco, I installed 2 - 6A diodes in the freightliner dash/jayco radio interface. This fixed the dash light problem but caused the equalizer to receive a ghost “ignition on” signal when the jacks were deployed. I would level the unit, turn off the equalizer panel and within seconds, the ignition light would blink and the unit would turn itself back on and start beeping. The only ways I could get it to stop beeping was to retract all the jacks, or with the jacks still deployed, pull the controller out of the dash and unplug it. Adding the 6 A to the pink wire solved this. This was a purely electric issue with the controller and the 12v system that jayco installed.
Where does the 6A diode hook up at or plug into?
jmooney2009 is offline   Reply With Quote