Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #1

Excellent Jayco Service Experience

The keyless lock on our 2015 Seneca failed last week - it would give a loud beep when entering the unlock code. We tried resetting the code, replacing the batteries, etc. and nothing worked.

I contacted Jayco through the "contact us" link on the website over the weekend and got a response Monday morning via e-mail offering to either coordinate a dealer visit or send me a new lock. I opted for the new lock which was shipped next day air and arrived today. Swapped it out and all is well.

This is the second time I have contacted Jayco via the website (other time was when the outside TV went bad - shipped me a new one also next day), and both times I've been very impressed with the level of service.

I know that there are some that have had bad experiences, but I wanted to share a positive one. We love our Seneca and appreciate Jayco's excellent support so far.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #2

Nice
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 AM   #3
Site Team

It's nice to hear the good reports of service after the sale.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #4

As I've said before, this is JAYCO's norm, but very few people post when they're happy about service.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #5

That's why I wanted to share it. I see lots of complaints, but few compliments - typical human behavior, I guess. No one is perfect, except me, of course, as my wife will be sure to tell you , but Jayco has been very responsive and exceeded my expectations when we've had problems.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

Old 11-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Well said!
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #7

Thumbs up

That's great, you hear so much negative. I was hesitent about calling Jayco Customer Service about my keyless entry. Our coach just went out of warranty last month and we had the second keypad replaced only six months ago. I called Jayco and explained it to them and they sent me a new lock within a few days. I only replaced the key pad and reprogrammed it for now cause it was time to cover and winterize the coach. I will keep an eye on it thru the winter, it seemed to happen when cold weather hit each time !!!! I am truly happy with Jayco , their support team and our dealer because I always got an answer and repairs as needed under warranty.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #8

Thumbs-up and kudos to Jayco and our Jayco dealer as they have been very responsive with fixing/replacing shake-down punch lists items AND quickly resolving a warranty item (cracked heat exchanger http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...ork-30773.html).

You are so right, human nature is to speak up more when we are dissatisfied than when things go well. I hope more on the forum share their GOOD experiences here and newbies use this information for balancing their decision-making.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #9

Jayco and our Jayco Dealer, TeamRVInc., in Albany, Georgia have both provided us with excellent service. My unit is now of its 2 year warranty and I just wrote Jayco about getting all the plans for our unit so we will see what happens with that.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
WOW read the first post and I have the very same issue. However, I called them instead to emailing and they responded with " I will have that keypad sent to you over night" Now that is service. I also took the opportunity to ask about the cycling of the tankless heater. There is a new tankless heater out and he is sending the info on it. I just don't know if i want to stick with tankless or install a 10 gallon electric./gas heater.

THANK YOU Jayco Customer Service "Randy"!!
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #11

I did research the new tankless unit speaking directly to a Girard technician and it did appear to have improvements that should enable it to deliver more consistent hot water. It reportedly can monitor actual water flow and temperature and automatically adjust the flame to control the output temperature. You can adjust the output from the new digital display that replaces the flame size dial. Should help most users with many of their complaints.

I asked the Girard tech whether my "Navy" shower habits would be compatible and the news was less favorable. He explained that any tankless unit would likely have trouble with "trickle" flows. So this new heater still needs the user to generally let the water run throughout the whole showering experience. So those (like me) who frequently camp without water and sewer hookups will likely not be totally satisfied even with the new unit.

After considering my options I decided to remove the Girard and substituted a 10-gallon Atwood XT. It took a bit of work but no significant problems. Having this tank-style unit also gives me electric water heating capabilities. Plus I plan to install a recirculating system next spring so I can have hot water available sooner at the fixtures to prevent wasting water waiting for it to warm up.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #12

Our dealer said that they do a "brisk" business of removing the tank-less water heaters and replacing them stranded tanked units. This is mostly for folks who dry camp.

And yes, Jayco customer service is second to none!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #13

It is good to see others sharing their good experiences as well. On the subject of tankless heaters - the DW and I have discussed switching to a traditional tank as well. We typically camp at full hookup campgrounds, though, and the "endless" hot water trumps the flow issues on those rare occasions that we do dry camp. It is definitely a personal choice based on how you typically camp. It did take me a while to figure the Girard out (finally reading the directions helped), but once I did, we've been very happy with it.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

Old 11-25-2015, 07:54 AM   #14

Our dealership is "Motor Homes 2 Go" in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our salesman is/was Evan Shepherd. I can't say enough about both the company and every one of their employees. We drove 500 miles to buy from them after a lot of research and visiting other dealers. I would and will do it again, if ever necessary.

Like almost every large item that is new, there is a little tweaking to make all the components work together. Some don't show up until you've gone 5000 miles down the road. MH2Go has helped me work through the slightest concern.

I've retired and completed working in the Boating World for over 40 years and I can tell you, every new boat has a greater chance of sinking than a year old boat, that is well tested.

Can't tell you how great it is to work with a good company, selling a good product.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:28 AM   #15

Sorry for the negative feedback

But... my only experience with Jayco customer service directly was not as good as everyone else's here (maybe the fact I have had to only contact them once is also a good thing) that's a positive...

I enquired about the winterizing and the fact the instructions were misleading in how to go about adding the anti-freeze. Asked a couple of questions and got only one word responses. seemed like they didn't want to be bothered answering my concern. Another positive... it wasn't a major issue with something going wrong with my rig so...I guess this has both negative and positive sides
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #16

Marshmellow,

Did you get your "Winterization" questions answered?
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #17

I have had many contacts with Jayco Customer Service and Warranty as well as the service Department, some of the staff of which I had recent personal contact. Had to bring our rig to the factory, where it is at this time. Through all the issues I just want to say that all involved with helping us have been absolutely wonderful! These people really do want to make things right for the customer. Will be at the factory again next week to pick up our Greyhawk and continue South for the Winter. Thank You Jayco!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #18

I agree that customer service and our Jayco dealer have been exceptional. We bought a 5th wheel in 2011 that had a number of problems. It ended up back at Jaycos repair facility with a cracked wall and a bent axle. Everything was handled with speed and care. I'm still convinced that having a good dealer is as important as the manufacturer.

Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
But... my only experience with Jayco customer service directly was not as good as everyone else's here (maybe the fact I have had to only contact them once is also a good thing) that's a positive...

I enquired about the winterizing and the fact the instructions were misleading in how to go about adding the anti-freeze. Asked a couple of questions and got only one word responses. seemed like they didn't want to be bothered answering my concern. Another positive... it wasn't a major issue with something going wrong with my rig so...I guess this has both negative and positive sides
Those type questions may be better to ask the dealer, IMO.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #20

I would caution about having non-jayco dealers work on your trailer. I had issues with my dealer's low quality of work in the past. After reading these forums, I contacted Jayco warranty service directly, for a delamination issue on my trailer. They said no problem, take it to a local RV shop. Which I did. Great! or so I thought.
However...the parts department at Jayco (which appears to never communicate with the warranty department) refuses to send parts to a non-jayco authorized dealer. The authorized dealer refuses to order the parts for the other shop and the non-jayco shop refuses to foot the bill for the parts up front. I understand all the points of view of these various shops. I just wish Jayco had stated up front that you will not be able to order the parts for the repair unless it is through an authorized dealer.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote