Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
For-warning...I was just informed by Jayco that these windows are DROPOUT windows, not technically hinged. Therefore, once you get past a certain degree in opening, it will fall out on the top side. I dont know the degree angle, but just be for-warned.
My very first step in deciding if we could build or have a screen in the emergency exit window in the rear of our Seneca. Was to see how far out the window had to be pushed before it fell out. If you do some testing and really look as to how it is held in place, it will take an angle greater than 45 degrees for it to become unattached.

I was able to determine that pushing the window out about 10 inches at the bottom would have no impact on the attachment bracket on the window and making a screen that allowed the window to be held the 10 inches out, would not impact the ability of the window to be used as an emergency exit.

We have had ours in place since the Winter of 2015/2016, use it regularly and have never had a problem. It is absolutely established that we would never have it open when moving and that each time we open it, we are very careful never to exceed the angle that would allow it to fall out.

For peace of mind and to increase your own knowledge base, look closely at this emergency exit and understand how it works. Whether you build the screen or not, it is better to know how your emergency exit works, before that panic minute comes when you decide that is your only way out.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:30 PM   #22

Mine has to be lifted about 80 degrees before it will come out.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote