Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2021, 10:59 PM   #1

Extended warranty

Hello..I have a Jayco Melbourne 24f motor home and the warranty just expired. I have been shopping around and would like to see if I can get a decent one for around 1,000 a year. I really wanted the goodsam BUT it starts at approx 1450 per year. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated..thank you. Has approx 41,000 miles
Gmward69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmward69 View Post
Hello..I have a Jayco Melbourne 24f motor home and the warranty just expired. I have been shopping around and would like to see if I can get a decent one for around 1,000 a year. I really wanted the goodsam BUT it starts at approx 1450 per year. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated..thank you. Has approx 41,000 miles
The extended warranty’s are mostly scams. My brand new rig is being worked on now and I asked the private RV shop (they don’t sell-only repair) about an extended warranty. The service manager said they take a few like Good Sam, Good Sam was the easiest to deal with. He told me that often the warranty will cover the broken part, but not the labor to diagnose and not all the time to repair. So they may cover $125 of a $500 bill. I also purchased an extended warranty many years ago and they went out of business before I was able to use it.