Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #1

Exterior radio on 2012 Seneca 37 RB

I do not have power to the exterior radio (TV works fine), a couple of knowledgeable guys I know say to check the fuse behind the radio. Sounds simple right? Anyone know how to get the radio out? It is incased in solid steel from the outside, and you would have to tear the kitchen out to get to it from the inside. There must be an easy answer, obviously, I don't know what it is
BrookTrout54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #2

Most radios will come out the front. Not sure what radio you have but if you can take the brand and model number and google it you might come up with the manual for it. I just tried it on the Furrion in our 2018.5 and came up with this.
Attached Thumbnails
AF6855A3-E10A-4987-9DC3-A48242F9BD04.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #3

Thanks, will give it a try.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:19 PM   #4

I echo what Rustynuts says, the radio slides out from the outside and the connections are then accessible. My 2014 had a Sony outside stereo. Attached is the installation instructions for that unit in case that is the radio they also used in 2012. The document depicts the small tools that disengage the tabs holding the radio in.

But be aware Jayco changed what radios they used (inside and out) frequently depending on what "deals" they could get on them. So it may not apply to your unit!

Also be aware the TV works using 120-volts AC, the outside radio is 12-volts. Have you first checked all the 12-volt fuses in your main power center?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MEXDV1700U_install.pdf (236.7 KB, 5 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:05 AM   #5

Thanks Robbbyr,
I did check the fuses, all looked good. I do have a Sony radio, and there are small tabs, which I could not get to release (I did not want to break anything...I'm good at that I will give it one more try, If I can't get it, I will take it to the professionals! Thanks for the info, at least I now know how it should come out!
Brook Trout
Old 04-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookTrout54 View Post
Thanks Robbbyr,
I did check the fuses, all looked good. I do have a Sony radio, and there are small tabs, which I could not get to release (I did not want to break anything...I'm good at that I will give it one more try, If I can't get it, I will take it to the professionals! Thanks for the info, at least I now know how it should come out!
Brook Trout

The radio need a set of the DIN removal tools which is usually supplied with the manuals, did you check for them in the bag of manuals? Sometimes they are round and some are flat. They are inserted into points on each side of the unit and it releases it from the DIN sleeve. Since they come with every radio, stereo shops usually have a bunch laying around and will give you a set. Here are pics of the two styles I have run into.
Attached Thumbnails
s-l1000.jpg  
Attached Images

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote