Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

Extra wires?

I have a 2019 RedHawk 25r. There is a cabinet over my coach door with a small access panel Screwed shut. I removed the panel and found a long lead of wires. I know part of the wiring is for the awning motor, but there is a white loop And a yellow wire with a red stripe taped to each other.

I know some grewhawks have a TV mounted to the outside of this cabinet, and the cabinet has an receptacle outlet and cable TV connection for the over th cab bunk within this access panel. Without a meter I’m Guessing by the gauge of all these wires they are all 12 V and it doesn’t appear to have any 120V or a cable for a TV.

Does anyone know what the yellow/red and white loop wire is for?
Attached Thumbnails
AF67E5F8-B74C-45C5-BC52-00043C58A7A2.jpeg  
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:06 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

That's the location of my antenna booster switch and satellite connection location. Is it the 12 volt supply for the booster circuit board, generic wiring? Where is the antenna booster in your rig?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
That's the location of my antenna booster switch and satellite connection location. Is it the 12 volt supply for the booster circuit board, generic wiring? Where is the antenna booster in your rig?
It’s mid ship, in my hanging closet which is behind my, swing out, living room TV.

I want to hang a TV for the overhead bunk, I will have to run 120V for it. I could buy one of those 12V TV’s and use these Leeds, but I already have the tv.

Can anyone who has this TV mounted up in the overhead bunk Please post some photos of the way it’s mounted?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:13 AM   #4

I have noticed the yellow and white pair are tied to 12V line and I found the same set above our bed for the lights in our 2017 29MV
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:28 AM   #5

Get a volt tester and test them

I have the Entegra 25r and no wires up there in mine
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
It’s mid ship, in my hanging closet which is behind my, swing out, living room TV.
Interesting, my TV is midship too, mounted on the pantry cabinet between the dinette and the bed, but my antenna booster switch is in the cabinet over the stairs. On the 22 foot models for the 12 volt, they mount the TV up in the upper bunk, so it might be generic wiring, or they didn't remember where the TV was going when they were doing the prewire.

Quote:
I want to hang a TV for the overhead bunk, I will have to run 120V for it. I could buy one of those 12V TV’s and use these Leeds, but I already have the tv.
Another option for the 120 volt is to drill through the upper cabinets, and pick up power from the microwave outlet.

The other question, is there antenna coax up behind that dummy panel along with the 12 volt wiring?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Interesting, my TV is midship too, mounted on the pantry cabinet between the dinette and the bed, but my antenna booster switch is in the cabinet over the stairs. On the 22 foot models for the 12 volt, they mount the TV up in the upper bunk, so it might be generic wiring, or they didn't remember where the TV was going when they were doing the prewire.

Another option for the 120 volt is to drill through the upper cabinets, and pick up power from the microwave outlet.

The other question, is there antenna coax up behind that dummy panel along with the 12 volt wiring?
Who know how they decide to wire these rigs!

Tapping off the microwave outlet is exactly what I plan to do. I already replaced that outlet with a 20amp GFI, then tapped off of that and mounted the original microwave outlet that I took out, to the underside of the cabinet next to the stove. This way when we use the toaster I run the stove exhaust fan so my smoke detector doesn’t go off and scare my dog! Otherwise I was taking the battery out of the smoke detector every time we used the toaster and I’m afraid of forgetting to put it back and go to be without a smoke detector!
This is our First trip using the toaster this way and everything is working great, no smoke alarm and no GFI tripping from the microwave. I just don’t use them at the same time.