Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #1

"F" message in my refrigerator on my Greyhawk 26Y

I went to switch my Fridge from AC to propane and get an F error message in the refridge messages...I am assuming fuse? Wife just took off with it in a hurry and was gonna run generator a she drove to keep fridge going on AC.

I had just been at dealer for a generator repair and installed an extended stay propane kit...wondered if maybe some air in the fridge line also...how would one bleed that out?
Rueckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #2

Norcold Fault Codes F, no FL, or gas light flashing every second (LP/ Flame Problems) - The Norcold Guy

Looks like the fridge isn't getting propane. If you haven't already, run the gas stovetop until you can light those burners. That should purge the lines of any air. Once you can light the stove burners turn the fridge back on and it should light up - assuming there isn't a actual problem w/ the fridge.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #3

Thanks...i kinda thought that might be it...I appreciate the help! Love this forum for quick info!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:24 PM   #4

Means Failure to light burner
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #5

Check your Norcold manual quick. Has a procedure for removing, purging air in the gas line. My model has you turn off and then turn back on with on propane only and wait 30 seconds. Repeat if code stays. Manual says may take two or three times. Different models may have different procedure. Mine is a 121X.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #6

Happens to me after it sits a while, when I unplug from shore power, I get the "FL", I turn it off and on and may get it one more time. It is just trying to light, but hasn't purged the air. Because the cycle is limited, if it has sat a while it may take two or three attempts.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #7

Thanks for the help
Old 09-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #8

My standard procedure when prepping for a trip, I turn on the main propane valve and then open up one of the burners on the stove. I stand there and activate the igniter every couple seconds until the stove lights. I let the stove burn for 15 seconds or so to make sure the air is out of the propane lines. I then turn on my fridge in the propane mode. You may have to turn it on and off a couple times before it lights. After I know the fridge will run in the propane mode, I put it in auto mode and plug into shore power. The fridge will run on a/c while prepping.
Various arsenal of 2 wheel death machines
Back the Blue
glamisbound is offline   Reply With Quote