Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #1

Factory Tour Greyhawk Manufacture Video?

Hi, has anyone seen a video of a Greyhawk or Redhawk being made at the Jayco factory?
Would like to see the manufacture process of a Jayco Class C.
Have seen one on a TT being made...........that was scary how fast they kick those out the door.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #2

I searched and searched for a video of the Redhawk factory and never did find one. Like you I found some videos of the TT assembly line and wasn't tremendously impressed. But overall I liked the construction of the Jayco motor home line as much as any (except for Winnebago maybe) and thought it was better than most. So when I found a good deal on my 2017 Redhawk 29XK I felt fairly confident pulling the trigger.

The scariest factory video I saw was of the Thor motor home construction process. And Thor must be proud of the video because they leave it posted. They must think people are impressed by some of the machinery and don't pay much attention to the details.
Redhawkbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #3

You would think there would be a vdeo somewhere out there wouldn't you? Maybe a little prodding Jayco might do one.

I agree about the Winnie's, their construction seems top notch EXCEPT for the front end. Seems like several seems that with a little age could be leaks. I do really like Jayco's front end cap.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #4

I have seen the manufacturing process of the Jayco Class C in person. It is pretty impressive they build 9 of them start to finish per day. They would not allow any cameras in the factory so I could not take pictures or video :-(

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
I have seen the manufacturing process of the Jayco Class C in person. It is pretty impressive they build 9 of them start to finish per day. They would not allow any cameras in the factory so I could not take pictures or video :-(
That is actually kind of scary. I have seen the Jayco Video of them slamming TT's together. Probably turned more people away than attracted new buyers.