Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #1

Finally! Joining the Seneca Family

Finally! After well over a year’s worth of looking, lurking, trial and testing we’ve finally found the Seneca we’ve been waiting for. This past weekend we picked up a 2014 37FS and are excited to begin our adventures in time to escape the heat of Phoenix!

I’d like to thank ALL of the folks on this forum and those who I’ve had the pleasure to speak with personally. Your input was invaluable in finalizing our decision and timing couldn’t have been better. I haven’t been able to take any proper shots yet but will include a few from delivery day.

It would be a miss if I also didn’t share that this unit was purchased on consignment from Camping World. I know, I know, but honestly, my experience, so far, has been stellar. I was able to negotiate a great deal and the coach was in amazing condition but I still found about 6 or so issues all of which were addressed without question before closing on the deal. When I inspected the unit, the Generator only had 3 hrs. Needless to say, it didn’t run. They had to pull the unit out and drive it to Cummins/Onan where an $1,800 system board was replaced then the unit fully serviced and bench tested. Not that I would have purchased it with a dead genny, but it was nice to get that one done! Coach and chassis batteries were also weak and all replaced. The unit already had tires on it from late 2018 so all good there.

Everyone I came into contact with - From our initial meeting with the sales rep, the GM, finance, service and all the way down to the young man cleaning the coach was personable and pleasant - even those who weren’t working with us.

We Look forward to being part of the family here and hope to meet many of you on our travels!
Attached Thumbnails
26E83E94-6291-48CA-AE78-A9D68268C6B9.jpg   4BA1D2D5-84DA-4F52-B50B-127138096FFC.jpg   127A1C96-5F0D-4A3C-AD3C-6EA3CA494940.jpeg  

2014 Seneca 37FS
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
AaronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:24 PM   #2

Finally! Joining the Seneca Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronL View Post
Finally! After well over a year’s worth of looking, lurking, trial and testing we’ve finally found the Seneca we’ve been waiting for. This past weekend we picked up a 2014 37FS and are excited to begin our adventures in time to escape the heat of Phoenix!

I’d like to thank ALL of the folks on this forum and those who I’ve had the pleasure to speak with personally. Your input was invaluable in finalizing our decision and timing couldn’t have been better. I haven’t been able to take any proper shots yet but will include a few from delivery day.

It would be a miss if I also didn’t share that this unit was purchased on consignment from Camping World. I know, I know, but honestly, my experience, so far, has been stellar. I was able to negotiate a great deal and the coach was in amazing condition but I still found about 6 or so issues all of which were addressed without question before closing on the deal. When I inspected the unit, the Generator only had 3 hrs. Needless to say, it didn’t run. They had to pull the unit out and drive it to Cummins/Onan where an $1,800 system board was replaced then the unit fully serviced and bench tested. Not that I would have purchased it with a dead genny, but it was nice to get that one done! Coach and chassis batteries were also weak and all replaced. The unit already had tires on it from late 2018 so all good there.

Everyone I came into contact with - From our initial meeting with the sales rep, the GM, finance, service and all the way down to the young man cleaning the coach was personable and pleasant - even those who weren’t working with us.

We Look forward to being part of the family here and hope to meet many of you on our travels!

Congratulations on your new purchase. I’m sure you will have many good times in your travels. Happy Trails and be safe. BTW, the coach looks very nice in your pics. Enjoy !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:55 AM   #3

Thank You!

2014 Seneca 37FS
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Old 06-11-2019, 04:28 AM   #4

Congrats! If you like your half as much as we do ours you are in for a great time. Time to book some trips. Enjoy.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #5

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you and your family. Enjoy your new truck!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #6

Congrats on your great looking coach and enjoy your travels with it!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:52 AM   #7

Congratulations and enjoy! If you have more questions as you explore your new unit just throw them out. Many here willing to help!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:10 AM   #8

Welcome and safe travels to your next quiet spot on earth!
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #9

Aaron and family...

Welcome to the Seneca Family! We hope our paths cross somewhere out and about and get to hear the stories of YOUR Seneca adventures!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #10

Congratulations ! If you don't mind what did you end of paying for it? I'm looking at a 2014 also in Texas.
dmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 AM   #11

Congrats these are great units, may you have many enjoyable adventures in it.
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #12

Congratulations on the buy. I'd bet any day and all day that you'll have no regrets with your coach. You're going to love watching everybody stare as you roll down the driveway in the campgrounds you visit. Happy Trails....
JmsNMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Congratulations and enjoy! If you have more questions as you explore your new unit just throw them out. Many here willing to help!
Always appreciated! I’m sure I will. Just put in an order to get some setup “essentials” to do a local shakedown run this weekend.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Aaron and family...

Welcome to the Seneca Family! We hope our paths cross somewhere out and about and get to hear the stories of YOUR Seneca adventures!
Indeed I look forward to meeting up. We’re not that far apart and I do have some Utah destinations on the map. Appreciate all the insight you’ve shared with me!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #15

Congrats on the new rig! We bought ours this past November and love it. Happy Trails and enjoy
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote