Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #1

first time out in Seneca

I have a 2017 37rb and love it. However this past week we set it up in a local campground and used it for the first time. My problem is my number 2 black tank. I found no way to dump it. I have two gray but only one black t handle. Looking all over and can't find anything. My gage is still saying the tank is 3/4 full.Is it me or am i missing something.

Thanks
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #2

Congratulations on your Seneca!

I have a TS so I don't know if there is a second dump valve or not. What I can tell you is that it isn't all that unusual to have faulty readings on black tanks even when completely empty. Lots of information out there (and on this forum too) about how to clean the sensors, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't!

I know there are several RB owners who frequent this forum, so hopefully some one can give you a better answer soon.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
MD3

We have only been out twice in our RB so we are learning a lot from the forum here. Tons of good info on here !

On my 2018 37RB.... sorry can’t get to that side of mine or I would send you pictures...

I have to open 3 side compartments to dump.....
Rear most compartment with electric cord reel has valve handle for black 1 and gray 1 tanks.
Next compartment forward with plumbing and water valve controls has gray 2 valve handle.
Moving forward... rear axle / wheels.
Next compartment forward is generator
Next compartment forward is the large side storage under the sofa area of the slide out. Black 2 valve is inside this compartment. Look in and upward along the back right wall and you should see it in there.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #4

MD3 yep it's there, thanks for your help. FYI in the rear compartment with the two handles I removed the back to see what is in there. I have a L bracket that supports both T handles thats just sitting on top of the tank. I plan to velcro it to the tank to stop it from moving around.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:33 AM   #5

first time out in Seneca

Wow, didn't realize the dump plumbing was so different on the RB! All valves on the HJ are within a foot or so if each other in one bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
MD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
Wow, didn't realize the dump plumbing was so different on the RB! All valves on the HJ are within a foot or so if each other in one bay.
Yes, not ideal but with 4 tanks to dump I don’t know that they could route them all to one bay if they wanted too. I’d really like to change to electric dumps then I could have all the switches in the one bay.
I’m not sure how reliable electric dump valves are and they are not cheap, especially x4.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote