Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2020, 08:10 AM   #1

First winterizing

Hello everyone. I’m looking to winterize my coach this year if I can find everything. I have a 2019 Jayco 24b motorhome. The owners manual says nothing, but I’ve been reading here and think I have it somewhat figured out. Drain the low water drains, drain the hot water heater, I’m not sure where to find the water pump to put it in bypass, place the Outside valves into the winterize position. Then I believe, run the water pump to draw in the antifreeze Thru the water system. Is this everything? Seems to simple, I must be missing something. I read something about a water filter but don’t know if I have one. This is my first RV and I don’t want to screw this up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Jessesrt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessesrt10 View Post
I’m not sure where to find the water pump to put it in bypass

I recall reading this a few time too over the years, but it's something I've never done. I just pump the pink RV antifreeze thru the entire system and don't worry about bypassing the pump or filter.

I have the tankless water heater, so there's no heater bypass on my unit.

I put this document together for my wife so she could winterize ours. You unit will be a bit different but maybe some of this will be useful to you too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdpty2ayry...izing.pdf?dl=0
Old 10-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #3

Winterization & Annual Maintenance Manual

I just completed my first winterization of my new Class C ... I think!

I created a winterizing manual so that I would not have to do all this research next year when I forget it all.

I decided to do annual maintenance at the same time and this document also includes those steps. Therefore, some of the content is not usually part of the typical definition of "winterizing".

This is a draft and still needs work so please let me know if you find something to improve.

The content is derived from watching many YouTube videos, looking at Jayco and other sources, asking questions on this forum and then trying the process out on my RV this year.

Hope this helps others to avoid the painstaking research.

Its sad that with their RV's, Jayco does not provide this kind of document.

Next, after a year of useage, I will writing operational & repair manuals for this beast!!

If you want to modify this manual, under a separate enclosure I can provide the source file. This forum does not upload docx files .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JaycoGreyhawk26Y_Winterizing_DRAFT.pdf (691.1 KB, 22 views)

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessesrt10 View Post
Hello everyone. I’m looking to winterize my coach this year if I can find everything. I have a 2019 Jayco 24b motorhome. The owners manual says nothing, but I’ve been reading here and think I have it somewhat figured out.
Actually, it is in the manual. Look under "Plumbing", around page number 109 or 116.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #5

Sweet, I’m not sure how I missed this section. On page 116
Jessesrt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #6

Great video on winterizing

Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote