Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #1

Flat Screen TV mount

Does anybody know how the front flat screen tv is mounted on the Jayco Melbourne. I want to get to the connections at the back but not sure how to remove it from it's mounting.

Any ideas

Rick
2013 Jayco Melbourne 28F
geman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #2

If it is similar to other Jayco MH's remove the outside trim piece (4 screws under the wood buttons). Then you will see 2 metal cross pieces (top and bottom) with a screw on each side of the TV. Remove those screws and the TV should lift out. Besure to hold the TV while you remove the last screw.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #3

Thanks Grumpy, but on the Melbourne 28f there is no wood trim around the TV, its a 32" flat screen that is somehow mounted from behind. I think is somehow will lift off if done in the right order.

geman
Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #4

Can you get a fairly long screwdriver up from the bottom on the back of the TV? Our bedroom mount on the SENECA has two screws (phillips head) that you access from the bottom of the bracket. Once those are loosened the TV will lift up off the bracket.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #5

geman1, I am going through the same thing with my 2013 melbourne 29d. If you figure it out, please share.
fireman2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman2525 View Post
geman1, I am going through the same thing with my 2013 melbourne 29d. If you figure it out, please share.
In my Greyhawk I can push on one side of the TV and it will swivel... moves left or right... takes a little pressure.... I do that for better viewing from the sofa and for access to the connections in the back.....

Joe
SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO
JaycoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman2525 View Post
Fireman2525, I e-mail Jayco tech, and asked them for advice and direction, I will post the answer when they reply .
Old 11-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by geman1 View Post
Fireman2525, I e-mail Jayco tech, and asked them for advice and direction, I will post the answer when they reply .
Fireman I heard from Jayco and the solution is were simple. Just behind the tv on both sides are 2 pieces of trim (panelling) approxinmately 4'' wide, they are held on with velcro. I made up a small hook from a coat hanger to reach in and free the panel from the velcro then slid the pieces out from behind the tv, now the mounting hex head screws are visible on both sides. Remove them and the tv is free just the connections attached, hang on to it when removing the last screw. Good Luck..
Rick
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #9

O.K. Thanks Rick, I just drove the 600 mile return trip from nashville and developed a bad rattle from the overhead tv area so , now i have 2 reasons to get back there. the timing of your response was perfect! Thanks Again
fireman2525 is offline   Reply With Quote