Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2022, 04:32 PM   #21

I will relate all of this to the service Director with directions to follow your advice. Can’t thank you enough!
Tumbleweed353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 05:13 PM   #22

Which fuses do you pull?
Old 10-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #23

Flat tow traverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed353 View Post
I have never flat towed before. We have a 2019 Chevrolet traverse four-wheel-drive that we would like to flat tow behind our new Jayco 29MV. I have looked for suggestions and found so many varied solutions I’m not sure which one is viable. I want to do it right and not hurt the traverse or our new sea clash. I’d appreciate your input or direction and where I can find the solid answers. Thanks in advance for your help.
I have a 2018 29mv and flat tow a wrangler. The problem I have with the flat tow is the inability to back up. The 29mv is hard enough to refuel with gasoline at some stations. I try to find flying J stations but not always possible. The flat tow compounds the problem in my opinion
Frequent flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:55 AM   #24

I can believe that. We had a tow dolly before and get back up a little. We’re just gonna have to look for flying JM and plan our guest ups accordingly. You’re right it’s a pain but flat towing in my opinion is so much better than Dolly towing.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #25

Check for towing weight allowed, Traverse might be over the weight limit?
Jamnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:59 AM   #26
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer View Post
I have a 2018 29mv and flat tow a wrangler. The problem I have with the flat tow is the inability to back up. The 29mv is hard enough to refuel with gasoline at some stations. I try to find flying J stations but not always possible. The flat tow compounds the problem in my opinion

There is another thread on backing with a toad and one of the suggestions is to have someone get in the toad and steer if you get caught in a bad situation and have to back up.

I do my best to avoid those but it happens and so far I have been able to inch back enough to clear what was in the way.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:31 AM   #27

The set up we have is rated for 7500 pounds for the traverse is 4300 pounds but we’re going to pull an equinox at 3200 pounds anyway. Thank you for the heads up! Also, great idea to have someone sit in Towed if you have to back up.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed353 View Post
Thank you. I intend to have a electrical feed while towing going directly to the battery to keep it charged regardless of the radio draw. I’ve been told that would negate having to pull fuses
Not necessarily, keep in mind that the purpose for pulling the fuse(s) on many toads is to disable the electric power steering, stop the computer from counting mileage and logging fault codes as well as to prevent battery drain (possibly other issues as well).

If you do provide power to the toad, which is good to keep the battery charged (especially if you are using an electric pedal brake), you still need to pull the fuse(s) on most toads. Some people use a fuse connection with a switch or solenoid which may be easier than pulling fuses once you have it installed. ~CA
Old 10-30-2022, 03:11 PM   #29

I will definitely discuss that with service tech.
Thank you.