Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #1

Floor mats for 2017 melbourne 24l

Has anyone found good fitting floor mats for the 2017 Jayco Melbourne 24? We tried to different Mercedes OEM versions and neither one fit. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #2

Did you remove the carpet? I don't have them but on the sprinter-forum weather-tech gets high marks. I have the factory rubber mats in my cargo van but they don't offer the protection of the WT but I got them free. The RV has some rubber mats from wally world that I had in one of my trucks. They are basically brand new and brown so they are going to stay for now.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #3

Call Jayco customer service. I have a new 2017 Melbourne 24K and it came with driver/passenger cabin custom floor mat.
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord60 View Post
Call Jayco customer service. I have a new 2017 Melbourne 24K and it came with driver/passenger cabin custom floor mat.
Gordo60, thank you. Appreciate the suggestion.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Gord60, I just heard back from Jayco, they advised me that they do not offer custome floor mats for their MH. I was wondering if the dealer you used to purchase your Melbourne provided those? I would appreciate your letting me know who your dealer is. Thank you.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaras7 View Post
Gord60, I just heard back from Jayco, they advised me that they do not offer custome floor mats for their MH. I was wondering if the dealer you used to purchase your Melbourne provided those? I would appreciate your letting me know who your dealer is. Thank you.
Are you looking for rubber or carpet mats? Maybe a little more information of what you are looking for. I am assuming yours came with the removable 1 pc carpet that covers both drivers side, passenger side, center and a little strip behind the seat base. Mine wasn't installed and I think but am not sure was stored in the rear pass through compartment. Also did you get the factory molded vinyl or rubber flooring I think is 2 pcs. This OEM floor is thick and heavy and I assume has some sound dampening affect.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
Are you looking for rubber or carpet mats? Maybe a little more information of what you are looking for. I am assuming yours came with the removable 1 pc carpet that covers both drivers side, passenger side, center and a little strip behind the seat base. Mine wasn't installed and I think but am not sure was stored in the rear pass through compartment. Also did you get the factory molded vinyl or rubber flooring I think is 2 pcs. This OEM floor is thick and heavy and I assume has some sound dampening affect.
Thank you for the follow up. Ours did come with the carpet mat. We are looking for rubber mats as we did not receive the factory molded vinyl or rubber flooring mats. While the carpet helps a lot and is easily cleaned, we are looking for rubber mats to protect the carpet. Thanks again for following up.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Thank you for the follow up. Ours did come with the carpet mat. We are looking for rubber mats as we did not receive the factory molded vinyl or rubber flooring mats. While the carpet helps a lot and is easily cleaned, we are looking for rubber mats to protect the carpet. Thanks again for following up.
Do you not like the Weather tech mats in my first response?
2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech.com

They get good reviews on the sprinter-forum. Like I said I have OEM in my cargo.
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/684...Duct-66570012/

And these over the carpet in the RV.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-...20mats&veh=sem

here is another choice

Rubber Floor Mats for 2001 - 2017 Dodge, Freightliner and Mercedes Sprinter.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #9

Pfflyer, thanks again for the detailed response. When I contacted WeatherTech they said they would not quote me the cost of floor mats because there were so many different cabin plans on the Mercedes 3500 chassis & that they had had many complaints. I will check out the others you noted. I greatly appreciate your input.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #10

Quote:
They were supplied by Jayco because they were all together in the wardrobe with the manuals,water filter etc,etc. Custom fitted to cover the entire area of the driver/passenger compartment, even the skinny area behind the seats. Bother them again. If you want I can send you a picture.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:50 PM   #11

Quote:
They were supplied by Jayco because they were all together in the wardrobe with the manuals,water filter etc,etc. Custom fitted to cover the entire area of the driver/passenger compartment, even the skinny area behind the seats. Bother them again. If you want I can send you a picture.
Gordo60, a photo would be very helpful. Thank you for offering to do this.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Pfflyer, thanks again for the detailed response. When I contacted WeatherTech they said they would not quote me the cost of floor mats because there were so many different cabin plans on the Mercedes 3500 chassis & that they had had many complaints. I will check out the others you noted. I greatly appreciate your input.
This thread is talking about a Unity RV by Leisure Travel Van but it is the same chassis that we have. He lists the WT part #'s he ordered.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...t=weather+tech
Old 06-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #13

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	32662
Hope this works
Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #14

I would like to thank everyone who answered our question regarding the 2017 Melbourne 24L floor mats. We ordered the WeatherTech 462491 & 462492 (they come as a kit) mats for our RV driver & passenger area. They fit perfectly over the carpet (which we finally got). Again, thanks to all of you for your inputs. The Jayco forum is really a wonderful place to learn and share information.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:18 AM   #15

Glad you to your problem solved. We also want to get rid of the awful mat that came with our 24M. We are having a lot of success with getting items custom made by folks that refurbish boats and automobiles. Bring your carpet or mat to them and they will make almost anything you dream up.
Sheppard is offline   Reply With Quote