Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #21
CAG

My weapons officer demands on maintaining full control of the rapid evacuation process.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #22

Just mount a little switch right next to it and label it "Do not press under any circumstances". You'll forget about the light in no time.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #23
RPR

Saw a picture of a Forest River Class C. Had light mounted little higher up to show when toad brakes ingaged.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax View Post
I'm gonna guess it was a indicator light for an after market security system.
since everyone else gets a guess.. LOL
I would also agree with parallax.

On the other side, where the blank is, under the plugged up Aux input, has anyone used the blank for an accessory? Is there anything behind it? I always look at it and want to add another double USB port. Any thoughts?
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:03 PM   #25

SWAG would be (being next to the BLOWER SPEED Switch (??), that is that an A/C ON Light? (Common in many vehicles, with power to the A/C Clutch?)
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:59 AM   #26

Dash light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
In the small area on the left there is a red light. No idea what that is for. Also, what is the item on the right for?
I have a red light that I installed for my dighy brake
When the brake is activated in my towed vehicle the
Light comes on
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:30 PM   #27

Brake light

This looks exactly like my brake indicator light that is attached to the mechanical braking system on my toad to indicate when the towed vehicle brakes engage.
HawkRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #28

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
It Might be a brake light indicator that when towing 4 down lights up when your towed vehicle brakes come on, This way you know weather your hooked up properly and your battery is charging in the towed vehicle.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:06 AM   #29

Looks like the brake indicator for a TOAD’S InvisiBrake install. I had a universal installed instead of that hard wired indicator.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #30

Red Light possibility

I am getting ready to do a small mod for my Class C to put switches on the dash to be able to selectively turn on the right and left cameras as I feel they are mostly a nuisance. Rather than disconnecting them, I am putting switches in. This doesnt relate to your post but I am also adding a brake light LED on that dash to show when the brakes are applied in my toad. Your previous owner may have done that. Since the normal brake controller line use for the 7 pin connector at the rear of the unit is not used for a toad, it is easy to hook that to the brake light indicator in the toad... It acts like a 'return line' if you will to the cab. In the cab (if its a E-450) there is already a factory plug for a brake controller. You just use a connector that is available from etrailer.com and connect the blue wire to the positive on that led. Then you can be sure the brakes are coming on in the toad. Maybe more info than you wanted... but that may be what was done to yours. I will have mine complete in about two weeks... I am ordering a custom panel for mine to replace that useless slot in the upper part of the dash... but have someone check to see if the blue wire on the back 7 pin power connector is connected to that LED. If so, just hook up your brake like connector to your wiring connecting your toad and wella!
If thats not what it is... then I have nothing. Hope this helps!
RedRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
Rather than disconnecting them, I am putting switches in.

I know you're in there for other reasons, but I thought I'd mention that on our Jensen head unit I can disable the side view cameras.

Maybe your head unit can't.

Side view cameras were one of those things I thought were "Cool and Must Have" until we got them. Ours are worse than useless.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I know you're in there for other reasons, but I thought I'd mention that on our Jensen head unit I can disable the side view cameras.

Maybe your head unit can't.

Side view cameras were one of those things I thought were "Cool and Must Have" until we got them. Ours are worse than useless.
My Furrion unit doesnt have capability to disable them. It uses a separate multiplexor like ive heard a lot of others use. Soooo in order to get rid of them I either disconnect them or make them selective. I was going to disable but found a neat way to just have them selective. I typically leave the rear cam on all the time to watch the tow vehicle.
Thanks for your reply.
RedRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
My Furrion unit doesnt have capability to disable them. It uses a separate multiplexor like ive heard a lot of others use. Soooo in order to get rid of them I either disconnect them or make them selective. I was going to disable but found a neat way to just have them selective. I typically leave the rear cam on all the time to watch the tow vehicle.
Thanks for your reply.

Ugh - bummer.
I too use the rear cam a lot.