Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2022, 04:57 PM   #1

Ford E450 Recall 22S08/NHTSA Recall 22V089

Just received a recall from Ford on my 2021 E450 for the power steering pressure line to the brake Hydroboost unit. I've read a thread on here a while back about this issue happening to others, so now Ford will make the necessary repair on this recall.

Many folks on here will soon receive the recall notice or may have already received it.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:09 PM   #2

I found out about it on my Fordpass app. My rig goes in on Friday for an oil change and the recall.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #3

Good to know about the recall, thanks for posting.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:35 AM   #4

Yeah, definitely thanks for posting. I checked my Ford app and sure enough, this applies my chassis as well. I am taking it in for the engine cover recall so now the repair shop will do the new recall as well. Unfortunately, the shop is booked solid and my appointment isn't until April 20, but they said they will have the parts on hand if needed.

Thanks again...
Old 05-02-2022, 04:48 PM   #5

I found out the hard way why this recall is important-- our Hydroboost connector has popped twice on our 2021 Greyhawk 27U. No fun losing power steering/brakes, especially when trying to cross a border.

Skeptical that Ford has figured this one out considering we've already had it replaced once, but we'll see.
907-Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANCamper View Post
Yeah, definitely thanks for posting. I checked my Ford app and sure enough, this applies my chassis as well. I am taking it in for the engine cover recall so now the repair shop will do the new recall as well. Unfortunately, the shop is booked solid and my appointment isn't until April 20, but they said they will have the parts on hand if needed.

Thanks again...
Did you get your recalls done?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:36 AM   #7

Yes, got it checked last week. They said it looked good and no repairs needed. They also reprogrammed the ABS to hopefully prevent the AdvanceTrac error message. Fingers crossed.
NYCANCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 01:55 PM   #8

i received the recall in march. ford service center checked it, said it is good to go. no repair necessary. hope they are right!!!
anf76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:08 PM   #9

Make them fix the issue

The problem with this recall is the wording. We took our RV in for the recall and they observed the issue but didn't resolve it. We were told everything was good. Took a trip, nearly died because recall was never resolved. We lost power steering and brakes while driving at highway speeds. Very scary!
cinderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #10

That's odd. What's the point of having them diag the condition is present but not execute the recall?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderd View Post
The problem with this recall is the wording. We took our RV in for the recall and they observed the issue but didn't resolve it. We were told everything was good. Took a trip, nearly died because recall was never resolved. We lost power steering and brakes while driving at highway speeds. Very scary!
Super-scary, and glad you were not hurt.

I am shocked that Ford's response on this issue is so tepid-- to turn people away with 'no fix needed' is inexcusable considering your and my experience.

Does anyone have a good contact for any executives in Ford's Customer Service team? This could turn into a class-action lawsuit if, heaven forbid, someone actually gets hurt.
907-Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #12

Just took our 2021 30Z to the Ford Dealer. He said good to go, no repair needed. 2 miles up the road from the dealership I stopped at a Sam’s Club to get a few things. The wife and I got back in the rig about 20 minutes later I made a left turn out of parking stall and heard a bang and a loss of power steering and brakes. Looked under the engine and fluid everywhere. The Dealer came out with a rental car and had it towed back to the garage and he ordered parts.
RoadDog5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:02 PM   #13

Ford dealer in San Benito took care of mine a few months ago