Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #1

Ford Warranty Work

Quick question which I think I already know the answer to... Just hoping I am wrong... Whose responsibility is it to arrange for Ford Warranty work on my rig, Mine or the Dealers?

I ask because one of my 12v cigarette lighters is burnt out and needs replacing. Ford won't let Jayco do the work but all of the dealerships near me are telling me they can't handle a Motorhome at their facility.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

My understanding the is a Ford item.

Have you verified the fuse is still good?

Call Ford service and ask for a local repair shop.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #3

I had really good luck calling the Ford MH Chassis Customer Service line at 1-800-444-3311. They'll point you to the nearest Ford Chassis Service Center. My closest service center was 20 miles away and after I talked to the Customer Service line, this service center called me and we set up an appointment. They were very helpful.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:48 AM   #4

Thanks Guys

Jagiven - Actually tested all of the 20amp fuses just in case it was in a different location then it was supposed to be. No luck. As far as phoning the local Ford Dealer... None of them will take it because their shops are to small but they won't let Jayco do the work because it is Ford warranty.

Hoppers4 - Perfect. I am guessing that number is for the US but hopefully they can connect me to the Canadian equivalent.

Follow-up - That number does work for Canada... Only problem is they would not help me without my VIN number... Which I do not currently have because my ownership is in the RV... Which Jayco has

Old 10-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Jagiven - Actually tested all of the 20amp fuses just in case it was in a different location then it was supposed to be. No luck. As far as phoning the local Ford Dealer... None of them will take it because their shops are to small but they won't let Jayco do the work because it is Ford warranty.

Hoppers4 - Perfect. I am guessing that number is for the US but hopefully they can connect me to the Canadian equivalent.

Follow-up - That number does work for Canada... Only problem is they would not help me without my VIN number... Which I do not currently have because my ownership is in the RV... Which Jayco has
Insurance policy? It is normally printed on your policy or your insurance card.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #6

Docs at Home

10.4 DnJ ... All of those Documents are at home since my car and MH are insured through different companies. Just a minor annoyance until I get there.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #7

It's your responsibility to arrange warranty work with Ford and yes, it must be done through a Ford dealer to be covered. A lot of the newer dealers are able to do the work. Our dealership is completely outfitted to work on big rigs. LCF's, F650,750,800's etc. More importantly, our techs are well trained. ANY dealer in your area should be able to point you in the right direction.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
10.4 DnJ ... All of those Documents are at home since my car and MH are insured through different companies. Just a minor annoyance until I get there.
Call your insurance company. They can give it to you over the phone.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
It's your responsibility to arrange warranty work with Ford and yes, it must be done through a Ford dealer to be covered. A lot of the newer dealers are able to do the work. Our dealership is completely outfitted to work on big rigs. LCF's, F650,750,800's etc. More importantly, our techs are well trained. ANY dealer in your area should be able to point you in the right direction.
Thanks TWP.. I am glad you put SHOULD in italics ... So far each dealer i have called has recommended another... When i call them they recommend another.... And so on... 😀

The call center will work.. After I get home... Just frustrating that they would not assist all without a VIN.. I did not need them to book service... Just give me a contact number. I am told patience is a virtue... I am not very virtuous. 😇
Old 10-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #10

Well rats on the VIN! Sounds like you're one step closer though.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #11

Thorncrest Sherway Inc. in Toronto shows they do medium truck. Have you tried them?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #12

Not yet!

Quote:
Thorncrest Sherway Inc. in Toronto shows they do medium truck. Have you tried them?
Not yet. But I am home now so I will dig out the VIN and call the service centre. I am hoping they can send me somewhere outside of the City. Driving in Toronto sucks at the best of times so taking Griswald One in there is not my first choice.

But that will have to wait as one passion supplants another... Blue Jays baseball is about to start, hopefully not for the last time this season!

Go Jays Go!

And thanks all for your input!

Old 10-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #13

I know this doesn't help you now, but perhaps it will in the future. Go out and take a picture of every VIN plate on every vehicle you own. Also get a pic of the license plate and the "tire and loading" stickers. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone ask me for that information, and I'm able to pull it up right on my phone immediately. License plates especially, but the service advisor at the Ram dealership was particularly impressed when I had my truck's VIN right there on my phone, so she didn't have to go out and look for it.

I have pics for every vehicle I own. And I've started taking pics of service tags on the major equipment I own. You just never know when you're going to need that info, and having a picture of it on your phone keeps it accessible.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I know this doesn't help you now, but perhaps it will in the future. Go out and take a picture of every VIN plate on every vehicle you own. Also get a pic of the license plate and the "tire and loading" stickers. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone ask me for that information, and I'm able to pull it up right on my phone immediately. License plates especially, but the service advisor at the Ram dealership was particularly impressed when I had my truck's VIN right there on my phone, so she didn't have to go out and look for it.

I have pics for every vehicle I own. And I've started taking pics of service tags on the major equipment I own. You just never know when you're going to need that info, and having a picture of it on your phone keeps it accessible.
++1 on this one. picture is worth a thousand words

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #15

If you have an insurance app (like Geico) on your cellphone, it should have the vin on the policy when you bring it up.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #16

Thanks All

The MH Service center eventually got me set up. It was a bit of a comical challenge... They told me there was a Canadian number and offered to forward me... The Canadian number turned out to be Roadside Assistance who offered to forward me to who they thought was the right number... The third person told me their Division does not do Motorhomes and transferred me back to the original number!

Once the Merry-Go-Round finished it's loop... They were able to help me out and set up an appointment at East Court Ford/Lincoln in Scarborough.

Once again thanks to all for the assistance!

Old 10-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Not yet. But I am home now so I will dig out the VIN and call the service centre. I am hoping they can send me somewhere outside of the City. Driving in Toronto sucks at the best of times so taking Griswald One in there is not my first choice.

But that will have to wait as one passion supplants another... Blue Jays baseball is about to start, hopefully not for the last time this season!

Go Jays Go!

And thanks all for your input!

Sorry the Jays are out. But then again, it's poetic to me. You see, I'm an Orioles fan!
Old 10-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Once the Merry-Go-Round finished it's loop... They were able to help me out and set up an appointment at East Court Ford/Lincoln in Scarborough.
Getting good tech support anywhere is a bit of a crap shoot. Nice to know you finally got the help you needed.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #19

Next Year!

Quote:
Sorry the Jays are out. But then again, it's poetic to me. You see, I'm an Orioles fan!
Your guys had a great year. The East is going to be an awesome battle next go round. I am hoping to add a Baltimore road trip to my travel plans next year... Baseball is more fun when you are cheering from enemy territory

Old 10-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Your guys had a great year. The East is going to be an awesome battle next go round. I am hoping to add a Baltimore road trip to my travel plans next year... Baseball is more fun when you are cheering from enemy territory
Very true! Let me know before you come down, I'll hook you up!