Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #21

Thank you for replying to this so far. I sure hope to get loaded up and get it on the scales before we go on our trip. If we can In June. My hopes are not to high at the present.����
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Wow! Yeah you have a lot of cargo capacity there. LOL you said you were way under by being over 2600 pounds! I had to read it twice but I know what you meant.

Thanks for the tip on the app I’m deathly going to do that.
You are “being”. I stated I was under by over 2600, not by “being” over. Totally different interpretation.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #23

Guess I shouldn't post this, but I've had motorhomes since 95. I have used and abuse them without a problem. The four were driven 250k miles, with 90% of the miles pulling a trailer with a vehicle and spare parts and tools. Three of these MHs were class C. My current MH is a Super C. I reinforced the frame and added air bags. Always had highest load range quality tires which were replaced every 5 years. Made sure had good trailer brakes. Went all over Eastern half of US. No problems with weight, tires axles transmission whatever, but sure was over weight.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #24

From what it was explained to me is this. The trailer is 3500 and say the tow vehicle is 6500 you have about 70% left over. The jeep has the bulk of the weight and we try to make sure what ever we are towing like dry goods sit in the middle of the trailer. The jeep did a great job going from Utah thru Colorado to home. I am just not use to a big engine towing this but once we get going its like we are not towing anything. Good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote