Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

Frameless Window Fix?

Have a Precept 35UP and one of the frameless windows popped loose. The two little round cams came out of the groove in the window and I cant get them back in. Everything about the window and the linkage is riveted so I can't disassemble it to reinsert them. Anybody know how to get this back together again. I'm on the road so I bungeed the window shut until I can get home.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #2

I had this problem too...

To fix it we drilled the rivets out and replaced them with new rivits once the wheels were back in the track. We tried bending the bracket the guide wheels were on to get them back in the track, but we could never get them to pop back in.

Good Luck.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #3

Warranty department says the entire window must be replaced. They have had this issue before, and are of the mind that if the wheels came out of the track once, they are bound to do it again. They are sending a new window to my house.
Jayco Customer Service has been really great so far. Replaced everything that has malfunctioned.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #4

That's one way to do it.

They are going to most expensive route, I think. I had to have the 2 windows in the rear of the RV replaced b/c they leaked. I found out the gaskets they use to seal the windows are very thin, so you might want to add some extra gasket sealer/tape around the windows if you are replacing them yourself.

The wheels popped out of my window b/c I tried to turn the handle to open the window too hard and too fast. The window was "stuck" to the weather stripping and the wheels popped out. I'm much easier on opening the windows now and just apply a firm, but slow pressure to the handle to get it to release from the weatherstripping b/f cranking it all the way open.

Good Luck

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #5

Also might want to wipe silicon lube on weather stripping. This help with my windows from sticking to the weather stripping. Also if your glides come off the track, you can unscrew the window from the top that way you can slide the glide wheels back into the track.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #6

Looks like this is what we need to do. At least I know the right size now, 10-24 nuts at 1/2" length and the matching bolts.

What a stupid stupid system for securing not these windows.... Jayco must realize that owners do not want to bring their units in to their dealer if they can avoid it, and using rivets just makes zero sense for something like this. Dumb Jayco, really really dumb.

Video for the fix: http://youtu.be/XtT98KLXrMA
goldenroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:47 PM   #7

Easy fix

I had the same issue, but it is a 5 min fix tops. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver. If you look at the top of the window you will see two small set screws. Remove one of them and you will see the window will slide ride out. I found it easiest to crank the window all the way open so the two pieces are right by each other (easier to line up with the track this way) then simply line up the top and the two glides on the bottom track and slide right in. No drilling, no damaging your clips, no fuss.

2015 32 BHDS
Sdwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdwit View Post
I had the same issue, but it is a 5 min fix tops. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver. If you look at the top of the window you will see two small set screws. Remove one of them and you will see the window will slide right out.
Best answer yet! How simple is that! I haven't had the problem but it's nice to know how to fix stuff before it breaks.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #9

Didn't work for us though. We opened the set screw and swung out the window - it swings from the bottom upward, then pulls straight out. That part, no problem.

But.... Once you get the knobs back into the track, you cannot mount the window back in as it has to go in at about a 45-degree angle. That's not possible while the sliders are on the track.

Once we saw that "gotcha" we just drilled out the rivets and replaced them with nuts & bolts.
goldenroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenroads View Post
Didn't work for us though. We opened the set screw and swung out the window - it swings from the bottom upward, then pulls straight out. That part, no problem.

But.... Once you get the knobs back into the track, you cannot mount the window back in as it has to go in at about a 45-degree angle. That's not possible while the sliders are on the track.

Once we saw that "gotcha" we just drilled out the rivets and replaced them with nuts & bolts.
It may be different on a class c but try to push the window as close to the camper as you can when you slide it in. The track is bent like a "G" so if it is slid while flush it will line right up. And major angle and the tip track will not line up.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #11

Just happened to us, also....

Here we are a thousand miles from home, and the bathroom window fell apart (winder thingees popped off) It's too high up for me to reach from the outside... perhaps I can stand on the picnic table.

This is the WORST design ever! I'd love to get some of the old awning windows back in it... they always worked, and let in a lot of air.

Are the Phillips screws on the inside or the outside? Can it be fixed from the inside?

Thanks All!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #12

I have 2 windows that constantly do this,i drilled out rivets and used nuts and bolts so it a 5 minute fix when it does happen.It seems that the window sticks to the weather stripping pretty good and if you try to open to fast and not let window get unstuck the wheels pop out of the track.I tried to do the set screws on the top but it seemed like it wouldn't work as it had to be bent back at a certain angle to go back together

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Here we are a thousand miles from home, and the bathroom window fell apart (winder thingees popped off) It's too high up for me to reach from the outside... perhaps I can stand on the picnic table.

This is the WORST design ever! I'd love to get some of the old awning windows back in it... they always worked, and let in a lot of air.

Are the Phillips screws on the inside or the outside? Can it be fixed from the inside?

Thanks All!
The Philips screws are on top of the window frame. Size 2 Phillips. I went to a jayco dealer and looked at 6 different models, from TT to 5th wheels and class c. They all assemble the same.

The key is the tracks are shaped like a "G" and by closing the crank almost all the way you can line up the wheels and track and it just slides back in.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:27 AM   #14

Unhappy These windows are crap...

Thanks for all of the advice....

This is the bathroom window, and there is just one Phillips head screw, and it's on the right side at the top of the opening part of the window. It looks like it was put in by a 12 year old.... they drilled a hole that missed, then drilled a second right next to it, and put the screw in at an angle, and covered it with silicone sealer.

Good grief...

If I understand correctly, that is the screw that needs to come out... all of the other screws are around the window frame.

What a mess, our 2005 Jay Flight was so well manufactured, and this unit has soooo many problems... the entire inside part of the antenna winder fell on the floor yesterday.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #15

It is a design that wasn't well thought through. Looks good, constructed poorly. No oem part out there yet for a replacement. I'm sure it won't be long.