Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #11

Ok, liked your install so much I'm adding the lights! Have everything installed and have two questions:

What ground stud did you use?

Did you have to dis-assemble the C3 connector to install the pinned wires? There are no plugs in my 3 and 4 connectors so not sure if you just press them in or separate the pinned assembly from the black connector.

I moved all the switches around while I was at it. Moved passenger window switch over to passenger side where OD switch was and put OD switch by driver, etc...

Thanks again for the write up

LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #12

What ground stud did you use? There is an empty tab with a hole inside the frame on the driver's side about a foot or so back as you are running the harness back along the frame. I sanded off the paint, attached it with a stainless bolt, washer and lock nut. Then I repainted it.

Did you have to dis-assemble the C3 connector to install the pinned wires? I did unplug the C3 connector in order to work better. Then I unclipped the purple retainer on one side and pulled it back without removing it in order to snap in the two terminals. It was when I unclipped the purple retainer that I notice there were plugs in the unused holes.

I never thought to move switches around. Great idea! Please post a picture of what your switch configuration is now.

Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote