Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
I have the S2 chassis and have not had any problems filling. I am now nervous of what is to come if things shift around and pinch the fill tube. What is the saying, an ounce of prevention. . . . I do have one frustration with the new rear 100 gallon tank with the DEF tank up under the driver’s door. If you like to fill at the major truck stops and fill with DEF a the pump you usually can’t reach the DEF tank after filling up with diesel without backing up. If an 18 wheeler pulls in behind you up close you are screwed. At Loves, Flying J and Pilot you cannot fill the DEF tank first, you must take on fuel first. I have resorted to pulling a trash can or orange cone behind my rig to allow room to back up. Annoying doing the start stop and back up to get the fuel and DEF taken care of. I have not tried to figure out if you can get pull far enough ahead to just reach with the diesel hose and just fill with the DEF hose.
I usually fill the Def then head to the RV pumps at Flying J for the diesel. The last trip out, I noticed the price was higher at the truck side then the RV side. I filled up once at the Trucker side then as I went to leave, I noticed it was not as full as I thought. I went over to the RV side and the price was .08 a gallon less. I found this at multiple locations from Florida to California and back. Just something to look out for when you are filling 100 gallons....
tellanfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:29 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellanfun View Post
I usually fill the Def then head to the RV pumps at Flying J for the diesel. The last trip out, I noticed the price was higher at the truck side then the RV side. I filled up once at the Trucker side then as I went to leave, I noticed it was not as full as I thought. I went over to the RV side and the price was .08 a gallon less. I found this at multiple locations from Florida to California and back. Just something to look out for when you are filling 100 gallons....

Are you able to fill your DEF on the Trucker sider at Flying J without first filling with diesel? If you can this is new. I have been filling a DEF certified container at the trucker island since I cannot backup with a toad on behind. I applied for a Flying J / Pilot RV card and it gives you about an 8 cent discount off trucker prices.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #83

Yes. I pull in and use the credit card reader to scan my card and my Good Sams card. Sometimes it wont take so I have to go inside. If I am only buying DEF, then I don't have to fill diesel first. If I want to do both, then I make two separate trips inside. I used to do both but now just fill the DEF.
tellanfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellanfun View Post
Yes. I pull in and use the credit card reader to scan my card and my Good Sams card. Sometimes it wont take so I have to go inside. If I am only buying DEF, then I don't have to fill diesel first. If I want to do both, then I make two separate trips inside. I used to do both but now just fill the DEF.
Thanks. Makes sense. Safe travels.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:23 PM   #85

Do you remember the vendor name or what these fuel filler "tongues" were called on Amazon?
Damian Neeld
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneeld52 View Post
Do you remember the vendor name or what these fuel filler "tongues" were called on Amazon?
Damian Neeld
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787RG1NY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #87

Where were you when you took that picture? That's a perfect shot of the kink.
thanks in advance for your help
Damian
2018 Seneca 37HJ

We pick up our coach next Saturday in Florida.
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:50 PM   #88

I carry 2 empty blue plastic DEF containers from previous purchases of DEF at Walmart in the bed of the F150 that’s my Toad. I pull far enough into the Flying J to fill my 100 gallon tank with diesel. I also refill my empty DEF containers at the same time. Put them back in them toad and fill the S2RV DEF tank when I get to the RV park for the evening. Works good for me.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #89

I filled nearly 35000 cars in the past 5 years. Yes, that's not a typo. 8400 in 2020.

Anyway, all were gas but I offer this possible aid in filling the Freightliners. GM SUV's and Land Rovers were particularly problematic.

So when they kept cutting off, I'd back the nozzle out an inch or two. This was especially helpful for our trucks that were equipped with a "boot" that covered the fill hole AND the the vent hole. Backing out allows the tank to breathe.

To answer your next question, I was a trainer/field tech for Yoshi. StartYoshi.com

I'm working as an ICU nurse now. Yup. From commercial driver to ICU RN.
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote