Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #1

Fresh Water Drain Tube -

Well, just did 2400 miles in 18 days with 2 blow outs in the process. The first blow out occurred after descending from the Shoshone National Park of which in Gillette, WY I had my first blow out. In the Process the driver side outer rear tire took out the mud flap and the fresh water drain hose that located in front of the tires in the wheel weld.

So, the good news is that the previous night I finished a bottle of wine and the wife wanted to throw out the cork! I told her to save it (and I'm glad I did). I was able to plug the drain plug with the cork and tape which allowed us to keep water in the fresh water tank while underway.

So now the question..... Any of you guys know what size tube I need to replace the one that got "taken out" when the tire blew?

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
Well, just did 2400 miles in 18 days with 2 blow outs in the process. The first blow out occurred after descending from the Shoshone National Park of which in Gillette, WY I had my first blow out. In the Process the driver side outer rear tire took out the mud flap and the fresh water drain hose that located in front of the tires in the wheel weld.

So, the good news is that the previous night I finished a bottle of wine and the wife wanted to throw out the cork! I told her to save it (and I'm glad I did). I was able to plug the drain plug with the cork and tape which allowed us to keep water in the fresh water tank while underway.

So now the question..... Any of you guys know what size tube I need to replace the one that got "taken out" when the tire blew?

Sorry to hear of your troubles...not sure on the drain tube. But I bet you had Michelin tires. There was a bunch of similar failures with Michelin's on the Greyhawks and Redhawks and all Ford E450 Motohome Chassic and some got help with repairs and cost of replacements.

Do a search here and on the web and you will find out about the problems. Jayco has since switched to Hankook on the 2018 and newer Greyhawks and Redhawks. The jury is still out if they will be better but so far I haven't heard of any problems.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #3

Anyone know?

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Mine are 1/2" ID. But I'm not sure about yours ... they are probably the same size.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #5

Talking

thank's for the quick reply. )