Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #1

Question "FRESH" Water Plumbing Size - Standard??

Greetings... I've winterized my 37TS here in Denver (just in time, we had -13°F weather last week!). When I disconnected the interior water filter that's built into the system (in the Utility Basement), there was no "bypass" piping provided (e.g. pipe to connect the inflow to the outflow within the filter casing). I was able to get the anti-freeze into the system by GENTLY pulling the outflow piping from the water filter housing down into my bucket (the pump was not able to get enough suction to simply suck through the housing without the filter, as the directions said to do!). So... The question is: Is all interior fresh water piping the same OD (looks like 1/2")? I'll need to visit Home Depot or Ace to find a piece of Male/Male, but would PREFER to make only one trip. THOUGHTS... Thanks!!

2015 Seneca 37TS ("Screaming Eagle")
2009 Hummer H3 ("Ranger")
2005 Chevy 2500HD ("Max")
2008 MasterCraft X-15 ("One More Time")
WeylanBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #2

Used clear siphon tubing I think 5/8 just wrap electrical tape around end till snug. I had same issue as you I held pink gallon under lid of freshwater cannister with clear siphon snugged in and turned on pump than bled a little air by opening outdoor shower faucet and bam suction started.
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #3

Thanks CampingCat! I was also thinking about "cutting it" a tee w/valve on the outflow (after the filter) line that I could connect a line to and "dangle" into the anti-freeze container next time. There are shut-off valves on the inflow and outflow sides of the filter canister, so this would work and then I would not even need to disconnect the piping from the filter canister (just remove the filter).

Old 11-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #4

Yes someone on here pointed that out to me about valves on either side bypassing water filter which I guess would allow suction from exterior next time
Old 11-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #5

The problem I found was that the valves are NOT for bypassing the filter. The valves cut-off water supply through the filter and the way the TS's plumbing (at least mine) is that ALL incoming fluid is routed through the filter BEFORE it get's into the system. So, if I shut off the valves, I can NOT get any fluids into the unit. Since it's such a short run from the "city water" connection to the filter, I don't mind NOT have anti-freeze in that - I'll just blow it out and "let it hang". If I cut in a tee w/valve "downstream" of the filter's "effluent" side, then I'll get what I need and the pump will be able to draw from the anti-freeze container. I'll need to check next summer if I can draw from the pump through the filter - should be able to for "country feed". Maybe the line needs to be purged first. Not TOO worried about it... It worked the way I did it - just took some time to figure it out!

Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #6

Same here than I have a hand pump from camco to push pink in from exterior to cannister used it on back flush worked great three pumps evacuated a third of the gallon. As I was doing that I imagined you could probably hand pump into the whole rig if necessary. 12 dollars on cW
Old 11-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #7

Seneca are really nice enjoy it! I think I'll sit in the Greyhawk tomorrow and read the paper...lol