Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #1

fresh water tank drain

2017 jayco 26xd Have looked everywhere for the fresh water tank drain.
At pdi dealer said under the bed. not so. That's all electronics. looked where the water pump is. nope. Outside (passenger side) in compartment
behind rear wheel , there is 3 valves that say low point drain. two have blue pipe and one has red pipe. is one of these the fresh tank drain?
Also looked underneath both sides. If there its well hidden. I know someone knows where its at. Thanks
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:40 PM   #2

I would say blue is cold water red hot, those low point drains are designed to drain water supply pipes especially handy for winterizing.If you open them and open a faucet or two to let air in will flush faster
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #3

On my 2016 Redhawk 26XD it's on the drivers side exterior just aft of the generator access door.
brandysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #4

If it's like mine, there will be two hoses attached to the tank near or on the bottom. One of them will go up into your water pump and the other should lead somewhere near the side of the trailer where it will have a valve or plug that has to be removed to drain your tank.

For what it's worth, mine was up under the trailer about a foot--very difficult to reach; I've corrected this.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #5

Thumbs up fresh water drain

Thanks Brandysdad, I saw that drain but since it said low point drain I didn't look under there. I had been under the rv from the gas tank back, never thinking the water tank would be clear up front near the transmission.
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #6

Your welcome.
brandysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandysdad View Post
On my 2016 Redhawk 26XD it's on the drivers side exterior just aft of the generator access door.
Silly question, but do i just turn the knob? Tried that and i only get a trickle. Am i supposed to do something else also?
Gailscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:28 PM   #8

Late to the game, but all I did was turn mine until the water came out. If you only get a trickle your tank may already be empty. Also try opening a faucet to allow air in the system. There is also a button on the command center to check for water in the tank.
sdaultmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:02 PM   #9

So i admit i may have been over loaded at pdi. So to sterilize my fresh water tank its 5 gallons water in a bucket with ?? Amont of bleach. Then use the pump to suck the bleach water into the fresh water tank. Do i add more water before taking her for a run down the freeway?
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyof5 View Post
So i admit i may have been over loaded at pdi. So to sterilize my fresh water tank its 5 gallons water in a bucket with ?? Amont of bleach. Then use the pump to suck the bleach water into the fresh water tank. Do i add more water before taking her for a run down the freeway?
I think the recommended ratio is 1/4c bleach for every 15 gallons.

But you'll want to get a concentrated mixture into your tank, then fill it all the way, then pump the bleach water through your pipes, then let it sit over night. Then drain the entire system and run fresh through.

The way you described will only get part of your tank, and you'll miss all the pipes.

That's the way I do it anyway... as they say, YMMV

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyof5 View Post
I use a 1/4 cup for every 15 gallons of water. I mix up my concentrate solution in a water pitcher. To get it in the tank, I found easiest;

Turn off your water pump, remove the outdoor shower head, place shower hose into the gravity fill port. Open the cold water faucet. Go inside, flip the pump bypass valves to winterizing mode. Place antifreeze pickup hose into the concentrate solution. Turn on pump, and cleanly transfer the solution to the tank. Top off the tank with the garden hose. Put everything back to normal mode. Pump the solution from the fw tank. I let the solution sit overnight. Then flush, flush flush.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #12

Thank you
Old 09-25-2019, 07:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I use a 1/4 cup for every 15 gallons of water. I mix up my concentrate solution in a water pitcher. To get it in the tank, I found easiest;

Turn off your water pump, remove the outdoor shower head, place shower hose into the gravity fill port. Open the cold water faucet. Go inside, flip the pump bypass valves to winterizing mode. Place antifreeze pickup hose into the concentrate solution. Turn on pump, and cleanly transfer the solution to the tank. Top off the tank with the garden hose. Put everything back to normal mode. Pump the solution from the fw tank. I let the solution sit overnight. Then flush, flush flush.
In a motorhome, it's actually a little easier than all that. We don't have gravity fill, so you make your concentrated bleach mixture, and use the "country fill" and your water pump to get it on-board. Run a short hose from the city water connection into whatever you mixed your bleach concentrate in; my rig actually came with that short piece of hose. Then top off the tank using "city fill tank", then run the bleach water through the coach, then drain and flush flush flush.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-25-2019, 10:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
In a motorhome, it's actually a little easier than all that. We don't have gravity fill, so you make your concentrated bleach mixture, and use the "country fill" and your water pump to get it on-board. Run a short hose from the city water connection into whatever you mixed your bleach concentrate in; my rig actually came with that short piece of hose. Then top off the tank using "city fill tank", then run the bleach water through the coach, then drain and flush flush flush.
You are correct! Oops, apparently I forgot to double check which sub forum section this was posted in.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
You are correct! Oops, apparently I forgot to double check which sub forum section this was posted in.
LOL! No worries! It's still some solid information IMO.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #16

When I first drained my fresh water tank, the output was a trickle as well. I went inside and turned on the pump. Bingo, nice flow. Turned off pump and it was fine. Guess there was some road stuff or bug stuff up inside the drain valve hanging down. Been fine since. If you open a freshwater tap and the flow picks up, then your tank vent may be plugged.
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #17

You guys are the best. Thank you all for your responses. I will be doing it this weekend