Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Possible Problem

Hi all,
I have a new 2020 Entegra Odyssey 30Z and noticed that after I fill the fresh water tank about 30 minutes down the road it only reads 1/3 tank full. I filled it until the overflow hose under the bottom started flowing and the indicator light showed full. Even after stopping at the next camping site it still shows 1/3 full. Don't want to run out of water when dry camping. Any suggestions on what to check will be appreciated. Should I go to a dealer since it's under warranty? Thanks

Joey
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #2

Do a search and you will read for days about this problem and then choose whichever solution that you desire. I installed valve plugs on the 3 overflow lines and then close them before traveling. You must remember to open them before using the pump or you could collapse your tank. Also don't bother even looking at your tank indicator, worthless.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #3

You're losing the water out the overflow due to siphoning. Known issue as posted above has noted and many comments and solutions here on the forum.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #4

Thanks, could you please give me the words to search by and in what forum area?
Old 05-26-2020, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey55 View Post
Thanks, could you please give me the words to search by and in what forum area?

use the Search in the gold bar across the top of the site as that will catch all the forums. I would use "siphon", "overflow" "losing water" to start.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
CAG

Yes lots of threads on this problem but the easiest solution is shut off valves on the overflow outlets.

To avoid forgetting to open them before filling I put a note on the "arrival" checklist to open all of the valves. That way they were open for the next fill. Nothing worse than dry camping with a 125 gallon water tank and finding that you only have about 60 left when you arrive at your location.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #7

Received an email from Jayco about this problem and they suggested putting the drain lines up under the floor attached to the frame. I did that and pointed them backwards but still losing water. Jayco told me they are redesigning the tanks for future productions but that not helping us now. I will be going to Camping World tomorrow with a Lippert leveling problem and will see if hey have a solution for the water leak/siphoning.