Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #1

Front cap paint oxydized

So i have had the front nose cap repaired once by dealer and they painted the side of cap. I have been noticing fading and oxydizing on top of nose cap real bad. I waxed the rv 3 times in the first 10 months and then had detailed and paint sealant applied, and then reappied again 10 months later, now had it detailed again after 8 konths and the nose cap was oxydized real bad and had to polish/buff out. Talked to representative at Jayco customer servixe and he told me there is nothing that can be done because it is white and that is just the color of the fiberglass and not painted? So they are telling me it is just raw fiberglass and it’s my problem even if it were less than a year old. Wow, guess i will stop selling people on Jayco. So now i will wait til after summer and find a good paint shop that can give me a decent gel coat on the cap i guess so it will shine like the rest of the rig. And i have been having to fix all the cabinet inserts now too as it is only one month out of two year warranty and with all the chaos in this country did not even attempt to try to make it to dealer, not worth it. Everything is on the owner once your out the door and never once, not even once was there a follow up on my purchase from dealer or Jayco, they care not about their customers and makes me wish i had shopped elsewhere for another product now.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgibbster View Post
Everything is on the owner once your out the door and never once, not even once was there a follow up on my purchase from dealer or Jayco, they care not about their customers and makes me wish i had shopped elsewhere for another product now.
Well, nothing for nothing, but that's not just Jayco. It's just about standard with the majority of the dealers and manufacturers out there. You're pretty much on your own to solve any issues..

At least you have us here to help!!!

Quote:
So now i will wait til after summer and find a good paint shop that can give me a decent gel coat on the cap i guess so it will shine like the rest of the rig.
Not sure what rig you have (you should consider putting the model in your signature line, so others can help). But, another consideration instead of painting is to go to a local vinyl wrap company, and let them design a wrap to go over that area. They can design and colorize the vinyl, add any designs or logos, or add stripes, or anything else.

This is what I had done to the exterior on my rig, to cover the horrible Jayco exterior. Plus, there's no waxing or polishing needed... Might be an alternative solution.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgibbster View Post
I waxed the rv 3 times in the first 10 months and then had detailed and paint sealant applied, and then reappied again 10 months later, now had it detailed again after 8 konths and the nose cap was oxydized real bad and had to polish/buff out. Talked to representative at Jayco customer servixe and he told me there is nothing that can be done because it is white and that is just the color of the fiberglass and not painted?
If you had sealant applied to the rig sounds like somebody did not do it correctly, or it was an inferior/incorrect product. Every time I had it done it came with a 5 yr warranty against oxidation.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:30 AM   #4

Mine is starting to oxidize as well (only the front cap. the rest of the rig is fine) I have waxed it several times over the past 3 1/2 years since we bought it new, still not holding up. I am thinking of trying some ZEP Wet Floor wax on just the top and front part of the cap. I have used ZEP Wet Floor wax on my trailer with much success, and it makes it look brand new and shiny.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-1-Ga...F128/202859659

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote