Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #1

Front over cab leak in 1998 Jayco class C

I'm sure this has been covered, but as experience climbs, solutions can get better. I had planned to remove and replace the rotted interior FRP, replace the styrofoam between the supports, Loctite Power Grab and seal everything with butyl caulk. Inspection shows there isn't any supports. It looks like the fibreglass outer shell was bonded to the styrofoam and the foam was bonded to the FRP (the inside wall). How the heck do I start to rebuild that? The window doesn't even have a frame, it was just cutout of the unibond system. What's the best way to go here??? (collecting fire insurance is not an option)
Dave in Yuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #2

I rebuilt a tow behind once with walls like that I had to use new foam and and had to use a glue that did not melt the foam, it was red cannot think of name. The type you use for laminate will melt the foam. Had to make my own new walls with clamps and pressure.You had to do it like a countertop spray on each piece and first lay new piece of fiberglass on the foam and after it was bonded do the same on the inside with the wood, now I look back I should of junked it will never do that job again. And I was on the inside of a climate controlled building.They do the same in the factory tho it is vacuum bonded. Mine looked pretty good. For the cut out once its bonded just cut opening out with a jig saw. If its all delamanted you will have to build new pieces
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote