Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2019, 07:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieView View Post
We don't like gas either especially now that it's more expensive than diesel. But can you fit into a parking space at the mall.
My area gas is still 20cents a gallon cheaper than diesel. Very typical here.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #22

Today diesel is 20 cents cheaper than gas here.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #23

I have the 24L with the same issue. After owning a 31" class C I figured I will use it the way I want to use it. We only have about 6-10 gals of water in it while we travel (never travel with full water). I try to not carry anything we don't need for the trip. After unloading the old RV we moved to backpack pots and pans that are much lighter than household. We tow a jeep wrangler 2 door and on occasion a trailer with quads in it. If you look on U-tube and see what the "Epic Family Road Trip" does it is possible to really load them up. Also according to a Mercedes engineer the CCC is under rated to the engine and transmission. However he didn't say any thing about the axles and breaks which for me is the key point. We use ours all year long and in a year and a half have racked 24K on it. I'll give up the accessories for a unit that I can park at a trail head and be way more comfortable in driving long distances.
Don't sweat the small stuff-----use it the way you want to and remember you have 2 yrs to push it and let the warranty cover the rest.
edsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #24

Thanks Ed, that sounds like good advice. I went out and weighed every item and discovered I didn't really need a lot of the stuff I was carrying, and what I did need wasn’t as heavy as I had feared. Low water levels in the fresh tank and a lightweight credit card to replace what we need while on the road is a small price to pay for a happy trip and peace of mind.
Mondoggie is offline   Reply With Quote